Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be Careful parking at Logan-Got a ticket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, if you are parking in the logan central parking, be aware you CANNOT use 110 outlets that are right at the EV spaces. I got a $20 ticket for plugging in, even though there's no signage saying you cannot do it. I only resorted to this because all the chargers were taken by priuses and bolts, and I was worried about phantom drain. Oh, did I mention the space was next to an outlet and the space said EV parking?
I went so far as to provide the picture in this post and a letter explaining the circumstances in my letter contesting the ticket. They told me to pound sand. I even called and they were super rude to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0859 2.JPG
    IMG_0859 2.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 575
If it's only $20 it's actually not a bad price to pay for having charging available for the duration of your trip...

Thanks for the heads up on the outlet situation at Logan.

Reminds me years ago I discovered the cost of a ticket for parking at the old Logan terminal A lot (when you could literally park right in front of of the terminal!) was cheaper and a heck of a lot easier than the legit parking lot. Worked a couple times, then my car was towed and impounded. And my savings in $ and convenience were wiped out. Not saying that would happen over an outlet, but if they want to escalate they have options. Yea that was a dumb move on my part.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike and Dan_A
Was ready for my first Level 2 parking experience at Houston Intercontinental. They’re all Blink, and the app said there was one available at the garage I like to use. Turns out that one was inside valet parking (unused, of course)!

I wasn’t too worried, as I was only going to be gone a week, had a 60% charge, and there’s a Supercharger within 10 miles of the airport (albeit in the wrong direction). I checked the charge every day and drain was a constant 1% per day. No worries.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
If it's only $20 it's actually not a bad price to pay for having charging available for the duration of your trip...
$20 on top of the $135 I paid for 3 days??
I honestly dont know why they have chargers in there and there's an expectation of using them temporarily. People in that garage are there for long term parking. I couldnt move my car if I wanted to from 1000 miles away. Unless FSD became a reality. Would be really cool if you could see the camera view from your phone and move your car remotely.

Reactions: transpondster
Don't park at charger spaces. Charge there. If someone comes by and needs an emergency charge and you're just parked there they're screwed. You might as well ICE the spot.
Thats not practical. You park there because you are flying somewhere. The chargers are too slow to sit in the garage and pay their daily rate for it to even make sense. The only purpose of those chargers is to plug in, leave your vehicle and come back when your trip is concluded. Otherwise they should put them in the cell phone lot.

$20 on top of the $135 I paid for 3 days??

I would fight the ticket. that there were no available Level 2 EVSEs sounds to me like a good defense.. 120 V is the better choice for long term parking anyway. but that might be too sophisticated an explanation and would probably fall on deaf ears. i'd add that in anyway.

not sure it is worth your trouble.. but might be fun to prove a point here.

I would fight the ticket. that there were no available Level 2 EVSEs sounds to me like a good defense.. 120 V is the better choice for long term parking anyway. but that might be too sophisticated an explanation and would probably fall on deaf ears. i'd add that in anyway.

not sure it is worth your trouble.. but might be fun to prove a point here.
I did fight it, provided pictures and explanation. They flatly denied my appeal and told me I can waste half my day to come in and see a arbitrator. While I want to stick it to them to prove a point, my time is worth more than the $20 ticket, not to mention I would have to spend 7.50 in tolls and .50 in electricity to get there.

• Informative
Reactions: jlv1 and Galve2000
Don't park at charger spaces. Charge there. If someone comes by and needs an emergency charge and you're just parked there they're screwed. You might as well ICE the spot.
OP appears to be in one of the reserved EV/hybrid parking spaces in central parking, not a charging spot. There are a bunch of those spots without charging stations.

@robarino, just curious, what specifically was the violation listed on the ticket?