Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beep... beep beep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering you are in the US and not required here yet that I know of I'd be surprised if it's that pedestrian alert sound. I do recall someone saying there was a speaker of some kind inside the car's dash near the glove box that didn't seem to have a purpose and as I recall some people said it was maybe causing some interference related to the thread's subject matter...gosh really can't remember all this exactly. But hopefully it will jog someone else's memory if they read about it too. I just can't remember what the original thread subject was about but I think Tesla said this speaker I think it was had a future purpose.

@Gillie what software version are you on? Is the sound coming from inside the car or outside the car?

I’m on version 2019.24.4 73fb1ab. Seems like it is coming from inside the car, I’ve only heard it while I was in it. It comes and goes, and I couldn’t figure out a way to make it start or stop (opening compartments, accelerating or braking, park or drive).

I’m on version 2019.24.4 73fb1ab. Seems like it is coming from inside the car, I’ve only heard it while I was in it. It comes and goes, and I couldn’t figure out a way to make it start or stop (opening compartments, accelerating or braking, park or drive).
Do you have kids are other passengers? If so maybe it is another type of device lost in the car.

I do have occasional passengers, but no family or kids.

The audio is a bit louder than I hear it in the car. I had my microphone for my phone in the front compartment when I was recording. The only things in there are some cords, a jump drive, charging adapter, and dust cloth.

Since you mentioned the pedestrian alert I'll mention that I currently have an extension ladder on top of the car. I use one for work occasionally but have not heard this sound before. I suspect the last time I had the ladder on may have been before the last update. I will also note that it only beeped once on the drive to work this morning when I was turning right, though yesterday I believe it was beeping when going straight and not just at intersections.

I had wondered if the ladder would interfere with the autopilot or navigation, but I've had no issues with braking or other warnings.

IMG_0141.JPG