Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bent Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took my Tesla in for service and there was a vibration in the steering. They informed me I had 4 bent wheels!!! I have the 21 Turbines and my car is 6 months old. I don't ever recall hitting anything other than very minor potholes. I've had many, many sports cars with 21's and low profile tires and have been driving the exact same route for years. This is not only my first experience with a bent wheel yet 4 of them? This seems like an total engineering fail to me. I cannot believe Tesla is not admitting this is a major problem and is not providing and help in fixing this flaw beyond "You can buy new ones from us". Tesa - Don't put sh*# on your cars that doesn't work. They need to do a recall before a lawsuit arrises.

I just took my Tesla in for service and there was a vibration in the steering. They informed me I had 4 bent wheels!!! I have the 21 Turbines and my car is 6 months old. I don't ever recall hitting anything other than very minor potholes. I've had many, many sports cars with 21's and low profile tires and have been driving the exact same route for years. This is not only my first experience with a bent wheel yet 4 of them? This seems like an total engineering fail to me. I cannot believe Tesla is not admitting this is a major problem and is not providing and help in fixing this flaw beyond "You can buy new ones from us". Tesa - Don't put sh*# on your cars that doesn't work. They need to do a recall before a lawsuit arrises.
Same for me. I apparently only bent my rear two rims. I was very surprised. I do not remember hitting any pot holes or debris to bend the rims. I am the only person that drives my car except one time. Tesla service came and picked up my car once. I am not saying the driver hit anything. The service advisor gave me a contact for a local company that repairs bent rims.

Lawsuit? Seriously?

Tesla says it right on the order page that 21" low profile wheels are more easily prone to damage. You sound like a mighty entitled customer to believe Tesla should fix your wheels.

Accept responsibility for the wheels you decided to have. The laws of physics are not Tesla's fault.

I had all four of my 21" wheels bent and repaired for about $200 per each. I also used wheel collision linked above with very good results. They repair wheels to a much tighter tolerance than other cheaper places.

It it is very easy to damage 21" wheels with low profile tires, moderate pot hole at speed will be enough. This is actually pretty common. No fail by Tesla, if you are not prepared to deal with these issues, you should get 19" wheels - preferrably turbine design as they are more robust than the standard 19" wheels.