Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best color + interior after the 2021 updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 4Runner is blue, so she didn't want to get the same color as me (we've done that more than once, LOL). We've had red, black and white, never anything in the grey family (I almost went with grey on my last GLI, ended up with white). So we went with MSM, black interior (because it's not a '57 Thunderbird and MSM/white just looked weird).

Reactions: Anna St
I was only interested in the white on white.
But, after the chrome delete and the new wheels, the blue with black interior looks best to me.
Waiting to see more photos in the wild.
What are your favorite combinations for 2021?

54933389-531e-4674-be94-41a40bc3f5ee-jpeg.602714
This one has the new chrome delete style and black wheels:

img_1809-jpeg.455222

May I ask what is the difference between the black and white interiors? Tesla is charging a grand extra for white, and it reportedly is a better material, and more 'padded', which I'm not sure what that means. Does anybody know for a fact if they feel the same tactically, and when you sit on them? Curious about that.

We're probably going to go with an M3 LR white/white. The now black trim looks cheap; wish it was at least body-colored. That was a big step backwards IMO. But it probably still looks less bad in white than any other color IMO. The 19" wheels are hideous, so deleted that option. The aero wheels look the same to me, and they go better with white too, as well as gray. They look weird on blue and red, so maybe those should opt for 19s.

May I ask what is the difference between the black and white interiors? Tesla is charging a grand extra for white, and it reportedly is a better material, and more 'padded', which I'm not sure what that means. Does anybody know for a fact if they feel the same tactically, and when you sit on them? Curious about that.

We're probably going to go with an M3 LR white/white. The now black trim looks cheap; wish it was at least body-colored. That was a big step backwards IMO. But it probably still looks less bad in white than any other color IMO. The 19" wheels are hideous, so deleted that option. The aero wheels look the same to me, and they go better with white too, as well as gray. They look weird on blue and red, so maybe those should opt for 19s.

From my research, there is no difference between the white and black material other than color.

Some of the panels in the black interior that are alcantara are swapped with white plastic on the white interior.

True, and the dash trim on black has a wood veneer whereas I think the white is more white plastic. I was referring to the seat material only being exactly the same. I think the black interior looks classier and appreciate less light reflectivity in the cabin, but it seems I'm in the minority in preferring black.

Reactions: adregia