Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best cover for Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hcsharp

Jun 7, 2011
Vermont
I recently bought a Coverquest cover after being told they had a custom pattern for Roadsters which included a vent on the front over the fans and an opening for the charge port. It came with neither. Not sure if I should send it back. I was advised to stay away from Tesla's cover because it's not made for outdoor use. Does anyone else have an outdoor cover with a charge-port access flap?

I recently bought a Coverquest cover after being told they had a custom pattern for Roadsters which included a vent on the front over the fans and an opening for the charge port. It came with neither. Not sure if I should send it back. I was advised to stay away from Tesla's cover because it's not made for outdoor use. Does anyone else have an outdoor cover with a charge-port access flap?

Send it back now. A search for car cover on TMC.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/2825-Roadster-car-cover

I
went to Covercraft and had an extra extra flap put in at the drivers window for seeing the VDS (both positions). They have the measurements on file.

Thanks for the link. Not sure why I didn't find that before. I called Covercraft and they are making a new cover for me while I send this one back. They said the order was sent through one of their retailers (Coverquest) who forgot to tell them to add the vents and flap. That's odd because I discussed the vents and charge flap with the rep on the phone when I ordered it. I've ordered boat covers from Coverquest before with great service so I think this is an anomaly. Thanks for your help.

I have the Tesla car cover and it's been working well for outdoor use although I probably won't keep it on when it starts raining. Mainly it's to keep the bird poop
off the car and it works pretty well - not sure if the birds just don't like to poop on something black or they don't feel comfortable being above it or something? Also notice
that if there is some poop it tends to roll over the cover instead of sticking on to it. I'll check out the Covercraft cover for winter use - thanks!

Augie

Covercraft uses various different materials that you can choose from. I got Weathershield HP fabric which is very light and folds fairly small which was a big factor in my selection. It's fairly rugged in the weather and comes with a 4-yr warranty.

Hi hcsharp,
This is Marina from CoverQuest. I came across your post today and just wanted to ask how the new cover with the vents/cutouts is working for you. Please let me know if you need anything!
Marina
CoverQuest

Hi hcsharp,
This is Marina from CoverQuest. I came across your post today and just wanted to ask how the new cover with the vents/cutouts is working for you. Please let me know if you need anything!
Marina
CoverQuest
Hi Marina! I remember talking with you on the phone. The new cover is working great! The front vent over the hood is directly over the louvers and might be better moved back about 3 inches because the air is directed back by the louvers. The cover fits like a glove and looks great. It's easy to charge with the cover on. Quick to put on and off the car.

I especially like the material because it's light and folds very compact yet it's quite rugged at the same time. That's important for a Roadster because it has a small trunk and performs better with less weight.

I've also had good luck with your custom boat covers. Sorry to go off topic...