Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best DIY Clear PPF for the front of the Model 3. Please Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone put any edge sealent on a PPF? If so what do you use?

A little late to answer this one, but never ever use that stuff. And make sure to punch any installer in advance if they use it on your car.

It's a crutch for people that don't know what they're doing or don't want to take the time to do it right. It's super easy to apply, but just wait until it's time to remove the film due to age or damage! You'll be spending days with an eraser wheel trying to get the adhesive off. Complete nightmare.

Someone posted the process before putting the PPF but I can't find it. So you spray alcohol before applying PPF? I thought it was soapy solution?

Wash car.
Clay bar.
Polish.
PPF.
Spraying alcohol before apply PPF will make the PPF stick before you can even position it correctly and squeegee out the water. You should be spraying soapy solution liberally before applying PPF.

When applying the PPF are you guys worried about dust? I am going to do mine in my garage, but its virtually impossible to avoid the dust even with the doors closed.
I try to wear clothes that match the color of my car in case dust from my clothes get under the film. I also spray my pants lightly with water before putting on the ppf to prevent dust from my pants getting on the PPF.