Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best/Easiest Way to Get Tsportline Wheels Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After about 14 months and over 40k miles, my factory tires are about ready for replacement. Have some curb rash and decided it is time to get some black wheels as well. (side note - I put on rim blades that started peeling off and left a horrible looking goo on the rims that is almost impossible to remove) I am about to order the @Tsportline TST 20 wheels (probably with the all season tire package as well). This is my first time ordering wheels/tires not directly from a dealership / americas tire co so I have a few questions about how to go about this; trying to make it as easy as possible.

What is the easiest way to go about getting these installed? Can I have them delivered directly to my local Americas Tire co so they take care of everything? Has anyone done this before, would they order it or would I and ship to them directly?

I know there was a post/picture of someone putting wheels inside a model X but I couldn't find it in a search but I seem to remember that you cannot fit 4 wheels (and possibly plus tires) inside a 7 seater? This makes it so I do not want to have the wheels delivered to my house and figure out how to get them to America tire co. Also don't want new tire smell and scratches/grease in the car/ on the seats.

Also any reason I should not get the wheels with tire package? I did like the Conti silent cross contact that came on the car but I have also heard good things about the Pirelli scorpions as well. (I do a lot of Mammoth/ Tahoe/ Sierra ski trips)

Let me know your thoughts & experiences. Thanks.

I had TSportline rims on my last Tesla and got them again on my new one. Absolutely love them.

Tesla will not install aftermarket rims/tires for legal reasons so I had mine delivered to my house and then took them to Discount Tire and they installed them. You might be able to have them shipped directly there, check with them first though.

I had ordered just the rims so they easily fit inside my Model S.

I will let someone else comment on the actual tires. I just had mine switched over from my stock set.

Thanks Erik

I had TSportline rims on my last Tesla and got them again on my new one. Absolutely love them.

Tesla will not install aftermarket rims/tires for legal reasons so I had mine delivered to my house and then took them to Discount Tire and they installed them. You might be able to have them shipped directly there, check with them first though.

I had ordered just the rims so they easily fit inside my Model S.

I will let someone else comment on the actual tires. I just had mine switched over from my stock set.

Thanks Erik

Thanks! Not sure even just the rims would fix in a seven seater X. I'm probably going to call America tire co in the next few days to see if I can ship direct.

Not sure if the 4 tires/wheels will fit in a 7-seater, but I did the install in my own garage for both my Model X and S with TST wheels/tires packages. You just need a torque wrench, 13/16" or 21mm socket (preferably a deep impact socket), and a floor jack. You can pick up all you need from Harbor Freight for less than $100.

Takes about 30 minutes to swap them out if you have the proper tools. Also, you need something to pull the plastic caps off the lug nuts. I bought the TSportline black lugnut covers that comes with a cap remover. You can use needle nose pliers but you may gouge the caps.

If you're not in a rush, wait till TSportline has a sale. They just had a 10% off all wheel/tires packages during April. You might want to send them an email to see if they can still give you a discount since you just missed the sale by about a week. I purchased my sets during the Black Friday and Xmas sales with bigger discounts.

Reactions: McManX
Not sure if the 4 tires/wheels will fit in a 7-seater, but I did the install in my own garage for both my Model X and S with TST wheels/tires packages. You just need a torque wrench, 13/16" or 21mm socket (preferably a deep impact socket), and a floor jack. You can pick up all you need from Harbor Freight for less than $100.

Takes about 30 minutes to swap them out if you have the proper tools. Also, you need something to pull the plastic caps off the lug nuts. I bought the TSportline black lugnut covers that comes with a cap remover. You can use needle nose pliers but you may gouge the caps.

If you're not in a rush, wait till TSportline has a sale. They just had a 10% off all wheel/tires packages during April. You might want to send them an email to see if they can still give you a discount since you just missed the sale by about a week. I purchased my sets during the Black Friday and Xmas sales with bigger discounts.

I'm sure it could be done but I'm not the one to replace tires on my car. Too much I could potentially mess up. Plan on getting the lug caps too, I've have one of the cap removers to install snow chains. Good tip on looking for a sale, thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: Mygr8
Theoretically, any tire shop/installer could do the install, but I sought out a local shop that has a lot of experience installing tires on Teslas. While I wouldn't try to install these myself, for the same fears you have, it should be as simple as making sure the vehicle is in Jack Mode and then installing these tires should no different than most other vehicles...again, theoretically. :)

I think shipping from Evannex is much cheaper...

I believe @Tsportline has free shipping for wheels, but I'll admit I haven't really checked that. Also did not know evannex sold tsportline wheels. Looks like they don't have the wheel+tire packages though which I am leaning towards

Theoretically, any tire shop/installer could do the install, but I sought out a local shop that has a lot of experience installing tires on Teslas. While I wouldn't try to install these myself, for the same fears you have, it should be as simple as making sure the vehicle is in Jack Mode and then installing these tires should no different than most other vehicles...again, theoretically. :)

Theoretically I could do it myself but I'd rather leave it to the experts. My local America tire co has handled many teslas. They even knew how to repair through the tire foam when I had a nail a while back (which apparently many places do not know how to do).

Reactions: XHokie
You might want to check the TSportline website this weekend as they have free shipping and 10% off right now. I'm on their email list and it says no coupon code required for the free shipping and 10% off within the US.

Thanks but already purchased and installed about 2 weeks ago (still got a nice deal).

Just to finish off the thread.... I ended up ordering and getting delivered to my house and brought them over to America Tire co to get installed. Probably could have had them delivered there but this wasn't too much of a hassle.

4 tires + wheels can fit in a 7 seat model X but its tight! Decided to take 2 cars instead of risking scratching/ scuffing the interior.

Thanks but already purchased and installed about 2 weeks ago (still got a nice deal).

Just to finish off the thread.... I ended up ordering and getting delivered to my house and brought them over to America Tire co to get installed. Probably could have had them delivered there but this wasn't too much of a hassle.

4 tires + wheels can fit in a 7 seat model X but its tight! Decided to take 2 cars instead of risking scratching/ scuffing the interior.
Pics!!! :)

img_0314-jpg.227186

Garage pic is all I have for now but I'll get some better ones soon!

Still debating if I want to switch out the chrome caps, I have the black ones on hand.

About 4 weeks ago, I had T-Sportline deliver the wheels to a local tire shop and I had them installed the next day. It was less than a week from the time I ordered the wheels until they were installed. I would recommend calling around until you find a tire shop willing to take delivery. A few might balk because they are not making much money. I would try a Mom and Pop's place. I am very happy with the wheels (although one had to be rebalanced before being mounted).

Reactions: McManX
Since you bought from T Sportline, could you do the referral program for me? Both you and I get benefits from it. It’s on their site where you get a link which you could send me. I am looking to buy wheels this week. Thanks.

Since you bought from T Sportline, could you do the referral program for me? Both you and I get benefits from it. It’s on their site where you get a link which you could send me. I am looking to buy wheels this week. Thanks.

I’d wait till Black Friday in 2 weeks. They had really good discounts last year when I bought a few sets of wheels.

Reactions: XHokie