Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Guess for NSW Q3-2015 Tesla Registrations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q3 total: 210

As at end of Q3, Tesla Model S was 210 out of 635 electric passenger cars in NSW. Add a few Roadsters (which must be included in 'others') and that means Tesla is now over 1/3 of all EVs in NSW.

At end of Q2 model S was 150 out of 570. Which also means that there were a grand total of 5 other pure EVs registered in NSW in the latest quarter. (That is a nett figure so maybe a few more).

This also implies that by the end of this year Tesla Model S will represent around 50% of the NSW (and presumably the Australian) EV market.

Last edited:
The I3 with the extra petrol engine uses that engine to charge the battery only, so not a hybrid in the traditional sense. Still... not my idea of what an EV should be.

And we are not sure it is NSW RMS's idea of an EV either. For me, I assume any vehicle with a petrol engine/generator would fall under the 'Electric/Petrol' category instead of the 'electricity' category. Having said that, the title of the category is 'motive power' and clearly a Volt or an i3 REX has purely electric motive power. So, who knows?