Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting mixed inputs on this - how long is a loan preapproval from DCU valid? I'm trying to plan on when to have DCU hit my credit so as to minimize the impact.

Banks via tesla hit my credit yesterday and [email protected] told me that my loan approval is valid 5/30 and there will be another credit check if delivery happens after 5/30.

My delivery date moved to 7th Jun - 27th Jun today.

I'm getting mixed inputs on this - how long is a loan preapproval from DCU valid? I'm trying to plan on when to have DCU hit my credit so as to minimize the impact.

Banks via tesla hit my credit yesterday and [email protected] told me that my loan approval is valid 5/30 and there will be another credit check if delivery happens after 5/30.

I was told 45 days

DCU pre-approval is good for 45 days.

Reactions: Sudsington
Also my

Is there something like a referral link for DCU that you can share with me?
I wasn’t sure so I looked. Yes, I can refer people to DCU. It’s something I have to do online and need first, last and an email Address. Send me a PM with info if you like and I’ll plug it in to their referral link. I get $10 and you get $20 So full disclosure.

Attachments

• 4F36B1B8-F9EC-41C2-8BC5-89C58845084F.jpeg
    4F36B1B8-F9EC-41C2-8BC5-89C58845084F.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
So if I’m reading this correctly I join a program like “Reach Out for Schools” for a $10 yearly membership. Then I have to wait for my VIN (to get the purchase agreement that I need send to DCU) so that I can apply to DCU and get the 1.25% @ 65 months or 1.74% for 72 months. Then I email the DCU documentation to Tesla to see if they would rate match?

Last edited:
So if I’m reading this correctly I join a program like “Reach Out for Schools” for a $10 yearly membership. Then I have to wait for my VIN (to get the purchase agreement that I need send to DCU) so that I can apply to DCU and get the 1.25% @ 72 months. Then I email the DCU documentation to Tesla to see if they would rate match?

1.24% is for 65 months
1.74% is for 72 months

Reactions: 1plavs
1.24% is for 65 months
1.74% is for 72 months

If im reading their site correct. Their listed rates already have the .50% discount rate baked in. So the 1.49 is @ 65 months with the membership discount, direct deposit etc. This rate can drop by .25 to 1.24 if you buy an EV. That would put the 72 months @ 2.49 with the membership discount, direct deposit etc as listed and 2.25 @ 72 if you buy an ev. Im not sure where people are getting 1.72. I know Tesla gave some one 1.72 but I dont know how they got to that number.

Reactions: 1plavs
Status
Not open for further replies.