Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Interior/Leather Cleaner ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is from the owner's manual (see below). Other owners on TMC say that gentle baby wipes work well. I personally use a general interior cleaner from McKee's 37 and a microfiber towel. IMO, I would not use Magic Erasers. They work but they are very abrasive and can damage the seats.

upload_2020-5-20_10-45-32.png

Does anyone know if ONR would work fine for the seats?

This is from an Optimum rep on a detailing forum:

"Optimum No Rinse (ONR) makes an excellent interior cleaner for leather, vinyl, plastic, and glass. For cleaning AND protection, Protectant Plus is formulated for interiors (and works well on exterior plastics), isn't sticky, contains UV protection, and revitalizes leather."

So it looks like the answer is yes.

Reactions: JasontheBeaver
This is from an Optimum rep on a detailing forum:

"Optimum No Rinse (ONR) makes an excellent interior cleaner for leather, vinyl, plastic, and glass. For cleaning AND protection, Protectant Plus is formulated for interiors (and works well on exterior plastics), isn't sticky, contains UV protection, and revitalizes leather."

So it looks like the answer is yes.

Agreed, ONR is perfectly safe for cleaning ANYTHING on your car, inside and out.
For deep clean you'll need something a little stronger, like Optimum's Power Clean diluted 10:1

can it be used to clean off the rims also?

As JasontheBeaver mentioned, you can use ONR on your rims. I have found that ONR cleans the rims as long as they are mild to moderately dirty. If your rims are really dirty, then ONR is not quite powerful enough. Here is my personal favorite wheel and tire cleaner:

D143 Detailer Non Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner, 1 Gallon | Meguiar's

It is from Meguiar's professional product line. Although you buy it by the gallon, it is lower in cost per use and over time will save you money.