Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BEST memory for sentry mode on 2024 Telsa Model 3 Highland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SEMPERFI

Jan 15, 2024
CA
Just received my wife's 2024 Model 3 - and would like to know what is the best and easiest means of replacing the cheap 128 Tesla flash drive with something much better and with more memory. There is NO agreement on this issue - and so many people complain of failure of Sandisc card readers, flash drives,SSD, etc. I just want something that will plug in like original, not take up any room but have more storage like 512 instead of 128 and be able to work with Tesla and its updates.

Just received my wife's 2024 Model 3 - and would like to know what is the best and easiest means of replacing the cheap 128 Tesla flash drive with something much better and with more memory. There is NO agreement on this issue - and so many people complain of failure of Sandisc card readers, flash drives,SSD, etc. I just want something that will plug in like original, not take up any room but have more storage like 512 instead of 128 and be able to work with Tesla and its updates.
Staples is your friend.

Upvote 0
The Tesla drive is a Samsung Bar Plus with a Tesla logo. You can get a larger storage version on Amazon. But it’s nothing special or standout other than the design.

I have a cheap internal SSD with a USB to SATA adapter just sitting exposed in the glove box and it works fine.

Portable SSDs like Samsung T7 and SanDisk extreme should be fine.

Reactions: Mike1080i
Upvote 0
Im using a Samsung T7 Shield in my 2023 for a few months and its been running fine. I have 3 partitions on it, One for Boombox, One for light shows and the rest for dash camera. The original 128gb drive is a backup incase I need to remove the T7 for an extended time.

Tesla SSD Mount.jpg

Upvote 0
That is not the case with the 128GB thumb drive that came with my Highland, it is smaller and different shape than the one in hey8you's photo.

I replaced it with a Samsung 256 GB Pro Endurance SD card and formatted it in the car where to my surprise the car formatted it to EXT4 format instead of exFAT.
Can you post a picture of the one that came with your car? Maybe they changed suppliers now. But it’s been the Samsung bar plus ever since they first started including a flash drive.

Upvote 0