Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Method/Product To Clean White Premium Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m interested as well! I’m used to using all sorts of fancy products on my previous cars. I’m a big fan of Swissvax.

I’ve only had my Model S for a few weeks now, and I’ve been surprised to see that water and a microfiber are really effective for the entire interior, including the seats! (I have the white interior as well) I tried some quick interior cleaner on the backs of the seats and it left a residue, that I had to wipe away with water.

Good luck.

Since we sometimes get into the car after exercising, to protect the seats, we bought some ultra white bath sheets (the large towels) and added snaps so we can loop the towels over the headrest and cover the seat when we know we're dirty and at greater risk of getting the seats dirty - and that seems to have helped considerably.

We've had our ultra white interior S 100D since March 2017 - over 22K miles - and the interior is still "ultra white". When we've had a slight spill or mark on the seats, we carry some baby wipes in the car that's been able to clear up the seats every time (at least so far).

We've had such a positive experience with the ultra white that the new Model X we hope to get in a few weeks will also come with the ultra white interior.

Since we sometimes get into the car after exercising, to protect the seats, we bought some ultra white bath sheets (the large towels) and added snaps so we can loop the towels over the headrest and cover the seat when we know we're dirty and at greater risk of getting the seats dirty - and that seems to have helped considerably..

I'm a runner and often get into my car drenched in sweat. This cover works great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075NYJW7H/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Informative
Reactions: Brettski
Snobun,

That is what Tesla advised too. They also advised warm water for more stubborn staines. How are your seats holding up like this? Have you been doing this for a while now? Thanks.

I have not had my car for too long but I have dogs and their paw prints from dirt/sweat stains the light gray seats in my MB but not my ultra white. I tried some fancy seat spray (forgot the name) and it left a squeaky residue, so I went back to just water. I just found some coffee stains on the seat today and the last time I had coffee in the car was last month! No problem getting that stain out with just water!!!!

I have not had my car for too long but I have dogs and their paw prints from dirt/sweat stains the light gray seats in my MB but not my ultra white. I tried some fancy seat spray (forgot the name) and it left a squeaky residue, so I went back to just water. I just found some coffee stains on the seat today and the last time I had coffee in the car was last month! No problem getting that stain out with just water!!!!

My car is going to be due a clean soon. I will go with your advice. Thanks!

I accidentally sat on a pen which left blue ink dots on my white interior. I got most of it off with a Shot wipe that a kindly Tesla owner gave me at a supercharging station but there is still a blue haze. Has anyone tried a Mr. Clean pen? ...I am going to try the alcohol & will let you know how it worked.