Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Microfiber cloth for cleaning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm soon to be washing my Model 3, for the first time. I'm fearful I will leave streaks, or swirl marks when I wash it. I have the solid black color :), obviously flaws are pretty visible.

Any general recommendations on washing methods and best microfiber cloth?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

JD

Best tip I've found from Reddit is to not use a nozzle to rinse.

If you take the nozzle off and just let the water flow out of the hose you won't get droplets everywhere. The cohesion of the water pulls most of the water off the car.

I'm able to dry at least 50% faster now.

Not that has anything to do with which towels to buy...

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
If you really want to minimize swirl marks on black paint you'll need a high quality microfiber wash mit, a good wash and wax soap, use the "two bucket wash method" with grit guards at the bottom of them, and a chamois for drying.

Avoiding circular motions with the wash mit when washing, use straight overlapping wipes instead. Be sure to keep the areas of the car you are wiping nice and wet with enough soap on the mit. I'm with Petrlol on not using a nozzle to rinse the car off. It will make drying much easier if you allow the water to cascade off the car when rinsing.

Get these and use the tips I mentioned and your black paint will stay looking great

Chemical Guys HOL129 Best Two Bucket Wash and Dry Kit (11 Items), 16 fl. oz, 11 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HMR1WVU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HqggCbDRS5DH4

CleanTools 51149 The Absorber Synthetic Drying Chamois, 27" x 17", Natural https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY69V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_csggCbREKNRBT

Reactions: Needsdecaf
Obsessedgarage.com

Buy the Microfiber Madness incredimitt for washing. It’s amazing. He sells excellent microfiber towels for EVERY purpose.

Use a two bucket method for washing. If possible, pre soak the car with a foam cannon. Only use a pH balanced, dedicated car soap.

Good luck! Feel free to ask more ?’s. I’ll try not to bombard you with details!