Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best phone mount for Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I wanted a decent mount in line of sight, but I also wanted to be able to fit various phones with or without case.
What I did is I ordered the ProClip from Brodit:
ProClip 854921 | Brodit
854921-1.jpg

Then I ordered a phone clip that mounts on a tripod:
US $21.39 50% OFF|Ulanzi ST 05 Foldable Tripod Mount Adapter Phone Clipper Holder Vertical 360 Tripod Stand Quick Release Plate for Tripod Mic-in Live Tripods from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Ulanzi-ST-05-Foldable-Tripod-Mount-Adapter-Phone-Clipper-Holder-Vertical-360-Tripod-Stand-Quick-Release.jpg

I mounted these by drilling a hole through the brodit clip, everything sits nice and tight and it snaps with 90 degrees rotations.
You can get a fitting screw for a dollar: US $1.25 19% OFF|Metal Tripod Mount Hot shoe Adapter 1/4 inch Screw With Double Layer for Camera Tripod Head Microphone Mic Mount Bracket-in Tripod Monopods from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
I wanted one with a spring as it's easy to set your phone with one hand.
The end result:
20190626_191431.jpg

20190626_191442.jpg

20190626_191509.jpg

I printed this phone dock for wireless charging. It snaps into the existing console phone dock and holds the specified wireless charging pad, which plugs into the USB socket. I think I printed the iPhone with case and it works with my Samsung galaxy S7 and S10e with case. It's the best drop in solution I've found for Qi charging. There are a few designs for charging trays that fit in the console sliding storage, on top of the cup holders, but I like to have quick access to my phone.

Reactions: Kacey Green