Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best range / worst range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 100D would give you the longest range but the range difference between it and the P100D is modest - 319 vs 307 miles at 70 MPH (385 vs 371 at 60 MPH). Also be aware that living in Canada you would lose a lot of range by using the climate control for heat, so you should use the seat heaters instead (if you need to maximize the range). At 45 MPH the range gets quite large - 514 vs 496 miles, respectively. All of these ranges assume no heater, flat level roadways, no head or tail winds and 19 inch wheels, so be prepared to derate them accordingly for your conditions.

How you drive and maintain alignment and tire pressures makes more difference than 85 vs 100. Depending upon whether the 85 battery has a usable capacity of 76 kWh, 78 kWh, or 81 kWh, if the the lifetime average is used the range on my car would be 309, 317, or 329 miles respectively.
Mar_1_2017_jerry.jpg

There is this: Crowd Funding a SCH100 EV Charging Station in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL
That one, as the link shows, was crowdfunded. There are a few Tesla in the area. Your best source of information is in the TMC Canada Forum, where there are quite a few people who live in/travel to NFL regularly.
Were I to live there I'd prepare for winter first, recognizing that in windy/rainy/snowy conditions (I know you have none of those:rolleyes:) your range will decline by 30% or more. Being able to preheat in the winter, preferably in an enclosed heated garage will add immeasurably to your effective range. That said, I'd go with the largest battery I could afford, either 90D or 85D depending on budget, or 100D if you're prepared financially and temperamentally to wait for delivery. Superchargers will come but, as you'll find from the Eastern Canadians on TMC, it is manageable now but you'll want a CE card and a CHAdeMO adapter for use in Quebec and/or at many other Nissan-centric areas.

In practice you'll need such solutions until 2018 or so because there are no public plans for 2017 Superchargers further East than they are right now.

Welcome to TMC and good luck! I hope you'll enjoy that charger at the Riverside market in GFW. Several of us contributed to the crowdfunding. I'm hoping to get there this coming summer myself.