Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Tesla for 65K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW - This is my old car. Inventory Search | Tesla

It's in damn nice shape. I have no idea if they removed the tint, but when I dropped it off it had tint, opticoat and the ludicrous upgrade on it. Someone will get a nice car.

Apparently the link won't take. Here's a screen shot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 4.47.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 4.47.16 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • Love
Reactions: Don TLR and P85_DA
He wants autopilot? Then make sure you get a car with "autopilot 2 hardware". (I forget the cutoff date for that.) Getting "autopilot 1 hardware" is pointless at this point.
The AP 2 started in October 2016. It could be 5-7 years before full autonomy is granted by the local governments and I am sure which ever car he chooses, he will be ready for another car in 5 years. I just bought a 2016 model S 60D and did the $2K update to 75D and had it uncorked..... Best way to obtain a semi fast car, still newer and lots of factory warranty left. New body style but AP1 and it is perfectly fine with the conditions allowed on the road!

Paid substantially less than the 65K and it has 20K milage.... The AP2 will add about 5K in the price and for the next 5 years, it will not be any different than the AP1

The AP2 will add about 5K in the price and for the next 5 years, it will not be any different than the AP1

I don't think this is a correct assessment. V9 software will add on ramp/off ramp feature which will be substantially different than what AP1 can do. And in 5 years, AP2 will be more functional than AP1 which will do what it currently does with only safety updates.

Reactions: PhilDavid
I don't think this is a correct assessment. V9 software will add on ramp/off ramp feature which will be substantially different than what AP1 can do. And in 5 years, AP2 will be more functional than AP1 which will do what it currently does with only safety updates.

I agree with you completely. It took them a while to ramp up AP2 but I have a feeling we will see amazing developments in the coming months. In the future, AP1 will plateau out with few enhancements while AP2 will bring exciting advancements with future updates.

Honestly, if my budget was $65K now, I would rather pay as little as possible and buy an 85D for around $50K or wait until next year to buy an AP2 car. AP2 100Ds are now in the mid 80s and will be in the mid 60s next year.