Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best UPP sway bar settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sway bars are best thought of as final tuning devices to your handling setup and for driver preference.

Many of us that drive on lower speed tracks run the stock front bar, and a stiffer rear bar but not at full stiff. In my case if I go stiffer in the rear I get oversteer that slows me down, and a front bar just causes push.
Gotcha! I have the front set to softest setting and the rear to the middle, but want a bit more aggressive, will adjust the rear again and see how it feels. Thanks!

Sway bars are best thought of as final tuning devices to your handling setup and for driver preference.

Many of us that drive on lower speed tracks run the stock front bar, and a stiffer rear bar but not at full stiff. In my case if I go stiffer in the rear I get oversteer that slows me down, and a front bar just causes push.
Exactly this.

I only installed an UP rear bar to help make up for my softer Comfort coils in body roll and reduce pushing after getting camber pretty close to ideal (for tire wear).

Overall, for front/rear balance I’d say toe (especially rear), then camber, THEN anti-sway bar settings is a pretty good order.

Also don’t forget the electronic torque bias settings! They won’t affect regimes like lift-off oversteer, but you can certainly affect power-on push or oversteer with the little slider!

Reactions: a-Sarkar
Exactly this.

I only installed an UP rear bar to help make up for my softer Comfort coils in body roll and reduce pushing after getting camber pretty close to ideal (for tire wear).

Overall, for front/rear balance I’d say toe (especially rear), then camber, THEN anti-sway bar settings is a pretty good order.

Also don’t forget the electronic torque bias settings! They won’t affect regimes like lift-off oversteer, but you can certainly affect power-on push or oversteer with the little slider!
Thanks for the response! Yeah makes sense, curious what setting you went with on the rear?

I’m guessing the electronic torque bias settings is a track mode setting, have an LR so I don’t have that sadly!

Reactions: Lindenwood
Thanks for the response! Yeah makes sense, curious what setting you went with on the rear?

I’m guessing the electronic torque bias settings is a track mode setting, have an LR so I don’t have that sadly!
I am running full-stiff, with 3.3f and 2.4r camber. After adding the bar at full stiff, it is pretty neutral; I tend to run 1mm or so of rear toe-how to help low-speed rotation, but overall it rides quite well!

• Love
Reactions: a-Sarkar