Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any refresh MXs out there with MPP Solid Front Lower Bearings and/or UPP rear sway bars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have UPP rear sway bar on my 23 Model X LR. Setting is on medium (middle hole). It is noticeably different, in a better way, than the one it came with the car. Car is way more stable through turns, going in and out of curbs when going into like a shopping plaza. I’d highly recommend it.

Reactions: awd_rails
I have UPP rear sway bar on my 23 Model X LR. Setting is on medium (middle hole). It is noticeably different, in a better way, than the one it came with the car. Car is way more stable through turns, going in and out of curbs when going into like a shopping plaza. I’d highly recommend it.

I have the UP rear sway bar on stiff on a 2033 MXP. It’s a good upgrade for the price. Most seem to run it on middle.

Nice. How is the comfort level when driving over uneven street roads? Do you feel that bumps on 1 side is transmitted to the other side more so with the UPP sway bars compared with the original factory ones?

Way better. The “shaking” is much reduced on uneven street roads even at medium setting.
I also have shaking when traveling at steady speed between 40-58mph, even on perfectly smooth surfaces. Did you experience that prior to the sway bar and did it improve after installing?

I know the suspension is pretty crappy on small road imperfections, but I am mostly concerned about the vibration (through the seat) when traveling within that particular envelope on smooth surfaces.

Thanks!

I decided to pull the trigger on the UP adjustable rear sway bar, since I could easily return it as UP is relatively close to me if I didn't like them. I have the MXP set at Low height and Comfort set to Auto. Have N2itive adjustable rear cambers and had alignment done to N2itive spec at Low ride height about 2-3 months back. I don't usually drive the MX (wife's car, but we take it on longer drives). This past weekend I had to do a lot of freeway driving with the MX around LA/OC, and I noticed that the MX always felt a little loose on the freeway and on curved interchanges (not sure if it's because I'm use to the MY with MPP coilovers now), so I decided to order the UP rear sway bar to see. Installed it this week (set to Medium), and the limited freeway driving I've gotten in this week, noticed that it feels much more stable at speeds now (both straight and curve). On local street driving with uneven roads, haven't noticed much harsher ride either. I think the MX air suspension set at Auto comfort probably helps smooth it out some.

In case anyone is interested, I did measure the MXP bars and the UP bars:
  • MXP rear sway bar P/N 1420481-00-A, 24.5mm
  • UP 3-way adjustable rear sway bar, 27.5mm
Installation was easy. Only challenge is that if you don't want to take the plastic cover under the rear bumper off and only remove the plastic cover under the suspension/wheel, getting the back bolts on/off on the sway bar brace is a bit tight. If I had to do it again, I would definitely look to remove the plastic cover under the rear bumper also, just quite a bit of additional bolts to remove just to get 2 plastic covers off haha.

I plan on doing the MPP solid front lower bearings around EOY when MPP usually has their Black Friday sale, plus I just had the alignment done so don't want to have to do another alignment again so soon since the lower bearings replacement will require an alignment.

Last edited:
I decided to pull the trigger on the UP adjustable rear sway bar, since I could easily return it as UP is relatively close to me if I didn't like them. I have the MXP set at Low height and Comfort set to Auto. Have N2itive adjustable rear cambers and had alignment done to N2itive spec at Low ride height about 2-3 months back. I don't usually drive the MX (wife's car, but we take it on longer drives). This past weekend I had to do a lot of freeway driving with the MX around LA/OC, and I noticed that the MX always felt a little loose on the freeway and on curved interchanges (not sure if it's because I'm use to the MY with MPP coilovers now), so I decided to order the UP rear sway bar to see. Installed it this week (set to Medium), and the limited freeway driving I've gotten in this week, noticed that it feels much more stable at speeds now (both straight and curve). On local street driving with uneven roads, haven't noticed much harsher ride either. I think the MX air suspension set at Auto comfort probably helps smooth it out some.

In case anyone is interested, I did measure the MXP bars and the UP bars:
  • MXP rear sway bar P/N 1420481-00-A, 24.5mm
  • UP 3-way adjustable rear sway bar, 27.5mm
Installation was easy. Only challenge is that if you don't want to take the plastic cover under the rear bumper off and only remove the plastic cover under the suspension/wheel, getting the back bolts on/off on the sway bar brace is a bit tight. If I had to do it again, I would definitely look to remove the plastic cover under the rear bumper also, just quite a bit of additional bolts to remove just to get 2 plastic covers off haha.

I plan on doing the MPP solid front lower bearings around EOY when MPP usually has their Black Friday sale, plus I just had the alignment done so don't want to have to do another alignment again so soon since the lower bearings replacement will require an alignment.

Doe the UP rear sway bar go on sale at any time?

Here's the expired offer from my mailbox as I am a subscriber.

1708118538949.png

I also have shaking when traveling at steady speed between 40-58mph, even on perfectly smooth surfaces. Did you experience that prior to the sway bar and did it improve after installing?

I know the suspension is pretty crappy on small road imperfections, but I am mostly concerned about the vibration (through the seat) when traveling within that particular envelope on smooth surfaces.

Thanks!
No, the sway bar replacement won’t solve the vibration coming through the seats. I still have some vibration if I’m accelerating a little hard (merging onto a freeway).

Reactions: MobileMikeV
I ran the Eibach adjustable (2-way) sway bars on both my Model 3's.

It definitely improved handling at the expense of some ride quality IMO. I ran it mostly with the softer or the two options and it was still much stiffer than the OEM bars.

Haven't decided yet if its worth it on the X LR. Maybe the bulk of the X and its air suspension makes the sway bar upgrade a more comfortable upgrade. 🤞

I ran the Eibach adjustable (2-way) sway bars on both my Model 3's.

It definitely improved handling at the expense of some ride quality IMO. I ran it mostly with the softer or the two options and it was still much stiffer than the OEM bars.

Haven't decided yet if its worth it on the X LR. Maybe the bulk of the X and its air suspension makes the sway bar upgrade a more comfortable upgrade. 🤞

So far I've been pretty happy with the Up 3 way adjustable sway bar on the MXP (set to medium stiffness, ride height set to low, comfort set to auto). I've been taking the MXP more recently due to trips around LA/OC area. I'm no expert, but it definitely feels better to me now compared to when I drove it before the install. I think the comfort set at auto helps to maintain the comfort level over uneven bumps.

My plan is to do the MPP solid front lower bearings ~EOY to improve the steering response. I think should be good for me on the MXP.

Reactions: NJturtlePower