Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Better battery life lately!? (phantom draining)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Usually, this is where I go to ask about issues I am seeing, and maybe this is an underlying issue that just seems awesome at face value!

Has anyone seen their battery NOT drain as fast as it had been in the past?

Background: When I am home, my charge limit is set to 90%. I charged my car to the limit (90%) at 8pm and unplugged it, I would wake up to somewhere between 85-87%. I never had an issue with this, as I understood this was part of the deal, but within the last month or so, I have noticed that it is only going down 1% or sometimes 2%. This is leaving it outside in the winter (average 30-40 degrees). This morning, I actually took a look before posting this, and I noticed it is actually at 91% right now, and has not been plugged in since 8pm last night. Just curious to what others have been seeing lately.

I have only had the car a few months, and have tried to stop checking the app as much as I originally was which I know helps, but just curious.

I am on 2019.40.50.7

Usually, this is where I go to ask about issues I am seeing, and maybe this is an underlying issue that just seems awesome at face value!

Background: When I am home, my charge limit is set to 90%. I charged my car to the limit (90%) at 8pm and unplugged it, I would wake up to somewhere between 85-87%. I never had an issue with this, as I understood this was part of the deal, but within the last month or so, I have noticed that it is only going down 1% or sometimes 2%. This is leaving it outside in the winter (average 30-40 degrees). This morning, I actually took a look before posting this, and I noticed it is actually at 91% right now, and has not been plugged in since 8pm last night. Just curious to what others have been seeing lately.

I have only had the car a few months, and have tried to stop checking the app as much as I originally was which I know helps, but just curious.

I am on 2019.40.50.7

High SoC = happier in cold weather. Cells balance after you completed charging. But on a similar note: the latest update may have fixed some issues with Sentry recording behavior. I notice it drains less (some days).

Reactions: Kennymb5384

I am on 2019.40.50.7

Did you turn off Sentry mode when you had it on before?

My phantom drain has been dropping steadily the past few months. I'm now training 6 mph where before I was draining 12 mph (sentry mode on)

I have recently noticed that with no sentry on after 24hrs I will not even lose a percentage point in 38-50 degree weather in Seattle, unplugged and on the street.

With sentry on it is variable as sometimes there is so much action at night that it can lose like 3-4%.

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia