Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V12.3 Download Issue for HW4 vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late last night I had 2023.44.30.25 (FSD V12.3) pushed to my car which has a stable internet connection. I am now experiencing an issue with the download, as it has sat at 100% completion for the last 10+ hours. I understand people have been posting about this issue on X, but am curious if anyone has already had this problem resolved with tesla service. I am at a loss for what to do, my car has been draining battery, slowly downloading an update for the last 10 hours. I have submitted a request to Tesla service under the interior section, telling them there is a problem with my computer and somebody needs to check it out. (I didn't submit it under software because when I called the service station, they said submitting it under software would likely make the request take MUCH longer when it didn't need to.) To be clear, the issue is that the app has not prompted me to install the update yet and has been sitting at 100% download for an insane amount of time now. If anyone has any advice or suggestions or opinions whatsoever, please share! -Sasha
It downloaded over WiFi for me this morning and I installed it this afternoon. 2023 Model Y Long Range with hardware 4. Not subscribed to premium connectivity. Software set to advanced. State of charge was about 30% when it downloaded. The install took about 20 minutes. The car was charging using the Tesla Mobile Connector 240 volts @ 32 amps. State of charge was about 35% I already had FSD via the 3 months free trial after purchase. I think it was also connected to WiFi while installing

Same issue here. MX HW4. Stuck at 100% multiple times so called in and Support had no idea how to fix. They created a mobile service appointment and all they did was to push the old version again .8 as if I was calling for that. Very frustrating. If anyone is able to fix, please share.

Just wanted to let everyone know that it seems somebody on X with the same issue has now had the update re-pushed to them automatically (got it in a recent wave) and the issue has been resolved for him. There is hope after all!

Just wanted to let everyone know that it seems somebody on X with the same issue has now had the update re-pushed to them automatically (got it in a recent wave) and the issue has been resolved for him. There is hope after all!
That might be me (@Delta_2319) on Twitter. I just parked on its side of the street and I'm going to install it. It's staged properly this time, and it is installing right now 😀

1000011768.png

Reactions: SashaZach
Just got the update for the 2nd time, and again it's hung at 50%. Been about 30 minutes since it started downloading
Mine hung for a long time at 50 and 100 too. I believe it runs checks with the entertainment and FSD computer at those intervals. Hopefully that is the issue and not the original issue where the vehicle fails to the stage an update entirely... But with that issue the update would disappear.

Just got the update for the 2nd time, and again it's hung at 50%. Been about 30 minutes since it started downloading
Well the update just disappeared from my car. It is no longer trying to do the update. Never had an issue before this push. I guess at this point there is no harm in reinstalling the software since the update is no longer attempting on my car?

Well the update just disappeared from my car. It is no longer trying to do the update. Never had an issue before this push. I guess at this point there is no harm in reinstalling the software since the update is no longer attempting on my car?
I just performed a software reinstall WHILE it was still "downloading" (stuck at 50%). I had been through this rodeo twice before and knew it wasn't going to make any progress so I figured I would reinstall software ASAP in order to try to catch the next wave.

I just performed a software reinstall WHILE it was still "downloading" (stuck at 50%). I had been through this rodeo twice before and knew it wasn't going to make any progress so I figured I would reinstall software ASAP in order to try to catch the next wave.
Well I read your post, went to my car to reinstall and saw it was trying the update again, stuck at 50%. I decided to send the reinstall anyway. Lost the update again but whatever. At least I tried, cross it off the list.

Reactions: SashaZach
I’m having the same issues with it initially getting to 100% only to bog out and disappear entirely. Now I’m in a repeating loop where it tries every couple hours and fails/disappears after getting stuck on 50%. I have MYLR 2023, HW4.
IMG_1974.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1971.jpeg
    IMG_1971.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 7
Interesting that people are still having this issue. Wish I knew how mine got fixed, the only "action item" was Tesla Service resending me v2023.44.30.8.

I opened a service ticket with them and they resent me the update via OTA. The .25 update then disappeared until today and it installed with no issues.

I just got the .25 update for the first time today and at the 50% download mark, it disappeared. What’s notable is I’m HW3 — 2019 Model 3. Service mode shows Bank B failing.

Tried re-installing current version and rebooted; no update found yet. Will wait for tomorrow to do my 24 hour check and see what happens. Total bummer.

That is not true for me. It is pushed at least 5-6 times since Tuesday with same results. I have appointment at Tesla service center tomorrow

Reactions: bondokb