Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V12.3 Download Issue for HW4 vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late last night I had 2023.44.30.25 (FSD V12.3) pushed to my car which has a stable internet connection. I am now experiencing an issue with the download, as it has sat at 100% completion for the last 10+ hours. I understand people have been posting about this issue on X, but am curious if anyone has already had this problem resolved with tesla service. I am at a loss for what to do, my car has been draining battery, slowly downloading an update for the last 10 hours. I have submitted a request to Tesla service under the interior section, telling them there is a problem with my computer and somebody needs to check it out. (I didn't submit it under software because when I called the service station, they said submitting it under software would likely make the request take MUCH longer when it didn't need to.) To be clear, the issue is that the app has not prompted me to install the update yet and has been sitting at 100% download for an insane amount of time now. If anyone has any advice or suggestions or opinions whatsoever, please share! -Sasha

No resolution yet on my end. I got the update last night. It froze at 50%. I went to bed and just let it be. Woke up this morning and it appears to have given up. No update anymore. Checked for an update and said I was up to date. From what i gather, its possible their update servers had reached quota potentially? No idea but I emailed support. Will update if anything changes.

I don’t know when it started downloading, but I that build available to install this morning and no issues installing it on our 2023 HW4 MYP.

Neither of the previous posts identify the car: which model?
2023 Tesla Model Y Standard Range is the model. Some people have been able to install the update, others haven't been able to. From what I understand the problem seems to be stemming from Tesla's end. I just hope they have teams working on this.

Late last night I had 2023.44.30.25 (FSD V12.3) pushed to my car which has a stable internet connection. I am now experiencing an issue with the download, as it has sat at 100% completion for the last 10+ hours. I understand people have been posting about this issue on X, but am curious if anyone has already had this problem resolved with tesla service. I am at a loss for what to do, my car has been draining battery, slowly downloading an update for the last 10 hours. I have submitted a request to Tesla service under the interior section, telling them there is a problem with my computer and somebody needs to check it out. (I didn't submit it under software because when I called the service station, they said submitting it under software would likely make the request take MUCH longer when it didn't need to.) To be clear, the issue is that the app has not prompted me to install the update yet and has been sitting at 100% download for an insane amount of time now. If anyone has any advice or suggestions or opinions whatsoever, please share! -Sasha
Have you tried rebooting the car? My 12.3 installed with no issue over the weekend.

I have the same issue on a 2023 Model Y Hardware 4 car when 2023.44.30.25 (FSD V12.3) pushed to my car. I have seen the package being downloaded over multiple times and when it get's to 100% it just hangs for hours and then something must trigger the download again because every so often it tries to download the update again with no success.

Reactions: SashaZach
I had this update 100% downloaded for 5 days. No response from Tesla service in 4 days.

Same issue with the car not going to sleep. Forget your WiFi network and the car will sleep. It did for me. I turned off WiFi but the car decided to turn it back on multiple times... Hence the forget network step.

I watched the network traffic and after the initial download, the car is actually uploading continuously all day, many GB each day.

This is the second v12 update pushed to my HW4 MY, both did the same thing.

I had this update 100% downloaded for 5 days. No response from Tesla service in 4 days.

Same issue with the car not going to sleep. Forget your WiFi network and the car will sleep. It did for me. I turned off WiFi but the car decided to turn it back on multiple times... Hence the forget network step.

I watched the network traffic and after the initial download, the car is actually uploading continuously all day, many GB each day.

This is the second v12 update pushed to my HW4 MY, both did the same thing.
Oh, and no resolution except that I reinstalled the current software version and the update disappeared.

For me, yes there was. I got in the car, saw it was updating, then moved it into my driveway for better wifi signal. I assume when I put it in drive that interrupted the download and messed it up?
No, after the interruption it should resume downloading once you’re back on WiFi. I was wondering if there was a longer interruption in your service that might have been a factor.

Mine did this after the HW4 wave yesterday. I saw my car downloading 2023.44.30.25 and when it got to 100% it hung and then it disappeared. It then happened again but subsequently only got to 50% and disappeared. It this this over and over again all night long. Parked in the garage with great WiFi signal. Rebooted the vehicle multiple times and let the car download, with no luck. I even went into the service menu and reinstalled the current software update. Still the update download hung and failed to stage the update for installation.

I contacted Tesla Service and made a service request. They called me this morning and told me they would push the update. It installed no issues. Only problem was that the update they sent was 2023.44.30.8, the version I was already on. They asked if it installed so they could close the ticket. I told them I had an issue with .25, not .8. They kind of just shrugged and said that they didn't have the capability to send new updates and that 2023.44.30.8 was the latest version they could push to my configuration. So they closed the ticket anyways. But after that install the car no longer tries to download .25 (FSD 12.3 update).

My car has not downloaded the .25 update since so I have no idea if that fixed anything or not. Hopefully Tesla is aware of the issue and is working on a fix, but the only confirmation that we've got is from TeslaScope that indicated that they are aware of the issue from their sources.

No, after the interruption it should resume downloading once you’re back on WiFi. I was wondering if there was a longer interruption in your service that might have been a factor.
Mine did resume, but it stayed at 50% 0 b/s download before it gave up eventually. I read Elon's tweet about 12.3.1 coming this weekend. Hopefully thats for us plebs with HW4 errors.

Teslascope did indicate Tesla is working on a fix that is supposed to be deployed on the same version (2023.44.30.25). Judging that they are aiming to deploy to same software version, I am expecting it to be fixed in the coming days before the rollout of 12.3.1 this weekend. Still no resolution on my end. I am starting to think its a problem on Tesla's side. I cancelled the service appointment that I had cause I figured the only people that will be able to fix this are the the software engineers in California. Fingers crossed for a fix in the next day or so!

Reactions: DDotJ
Mine did resume, but it stayed at 50% 0 b/s download before it gave up eventually. I read Elon's tweet about 12.3.1 coming this weekend. Hopefully thats for us plebs with HW4 errors.
Does your car still attempt to download it periodically? I wonder if it eventually times out after a certain number of reattempted downloads or if Tesla pulled the update for the affected configurations. Mine only stopped downloading because Service sent me .8 again.

Happened with me too, I have MY 2023 HW4 and it did not download stuck at 100% for many hours and then Tesla revoked it. I opened a ticket and they called me and told that I will get in next few weeks