Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V12.3 Download Issue for HW4 vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2023 MYP got 2023.44.30.25 pushed to it yesterday, but it came with FSD 11.4.9, which I confirmed both by checking release notes and taking a test drive (which failed immediately). Not sure what was up with FSD updates, but I was still on 11.4.9, and it failed by immediately saying self driving wasn't available right there. (So it never turned on, which is typically for my location. I have wide roads, no painted lane lines and a lot of tar snakes. FSD usually won't work at all until I exit my neighborhood.)

But good news, this morning I look at the release notes, and today it has changed to 12.3! I will give it a test this morning after breakfast.

I think I may be experiencing issues related to the download in FSD 12.3. 2023.44.30.25 seemed to download just fine yesterday, but it confused my expectations by saying it included FSD 11.4.9. I did a test drive, and ... 11.4.9. But today when I woke up, the car's release notes said FSD 12.3! (Yesterday clearly 11.4.9 in the release notes.)

And today I tested FSD and it is unusable. I'll start a post on it, but it's so bad I think it is broken.

• Informative
Reactions: Hiline
Weird that you guys got this issue. I downloaded the firmware successfully yesterday. The car did get stuck on 0 B/s download at the end, but I took the car out for a short drive and once the car got into park the new firmware was available to be installed. I just didn't proceed with the installation because of the reported v12 issues.

I think I may be experiencing issues related to the download in FSD 12.3. 2023.44.30.25 seemed to download just fine yesterday, but it confused my expectations by saying it included FSD 11.4.9. I did a test drive, and ... 11.4.9. But today when I woke up, the car's release notes said FSD 12.3! (Yesterday clearly 11.4.9 in the release notes.)

And today I tested FSD and it is unusable. I'll start a post on it, but it's so bad I think it is broken.
My issue turned out to be me not realizing FSD was not enabled. Though it was weird that it had 11.4.9 on last night and 12.3 this morning, with no other download I'm aware of. In my case, instead of FSD being enabled in place of 11.4.9 (which I'm paying for), EAP was enabled and I had to go in and specifically accept the firmware and then enable it. Once I did get it turned on it was as great as others are saying. I drove it 60 miles or more today, and the only issues I had with it was the lane choice it made entering or exiting a freeway.

Update: reinstalled my current version last night. Just got the .25 push today, still stuck at 50%. At this point I’m just giving up all hope.
Update 2: still stuck at 50% a week later. I called Tesla service and they were not able to assist. I have an appointment on the 27th to take my car in. Will update the outcome when I have new information to provide for the rest of us stuck on .8
HW4 MY.

Update 3: drove to the service center today (day before my scheduled appointment) and connected to their WiFi automatically. To my amazement it started the download and instantly started going from 50-100%! It sat at 100% for about 30 minutes before it was ready to install. Currently being installed while I type. Hopefully this helps anyone else who is having this problem. If you live near a service center, maybe go park out front and see if the update kicks off!!

Update 3: drove to the service center today (day before my scheduled appointment) and connected to their WiFi automatically. To my amazement it started the download and instantly started going from 50-100%! It sat at 100% for about 30 minutes before it was ready to install. Currently being installed while I type. Hopefully this helps anyone else who is having this problem. If you live near a service center, maybe go park out front and see if the update kicks off!!
When you get back home, try rebooting your wifi router.

I received notice that 12.3.2.1 was available to me. It took about 25 minutes to download, then changed to a 'Install Software' button. I parked Tessie and triggered the install. Yesterday, I FSD beta'd with 11.4.6, which by itself was a big improvement on what I was using last summer (I'm gone winters). A friend who has been using 12.x for some time says it is indeed an improvement. I'm about to embark on an 8,000 mile USA two month road trip and will have lots of chance to try 12 out.