Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Better M3 mirror visibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked these up online from a company that does BMW products and now custom makes blindspot mirrors for Tesla models, too. The clarity is really incredible, does not have the distortion of usual convex mirrors and fits the shape well of the M3 mirror. I'm just not big on looking at the screen for the blindspots. Incase of emergency, I like a quick glance in the mirrors with a lot f visibility and this fits the bill. The company is down in the San Diego area, so they came quick!

Attachments

• IMG_2811 2.jpeg
    IMG_2811 2.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 107
Nice during the day, but from my experience convex mirrors are useless at night because you cannot determine the location of another car high beam.

Also I noticed that convex mirrors create a very bright concentrated spot at night, so you need to avoid to look at those mirrors at night when a car is just behind you, otherwise you might be blinded.

Last edited:
Nice during the day, but from my experience convex mirrors are useless at night because you cannot determine the location of another car high beam.

Also I noticed that convex mirrors create a very bright concentrated spot at night, so you need to avoid to look at those mirrors at night when a car is just behind you, otherwise you might be blinded.

Yes, convex are not quite as useful at night, but I have auto dimming mirrors and these do not blind at all. These NXTGEN Automotive mirrors are very clear and not as curved and distorted. This makes them actually more useful than normal at night, too.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Here are some pictures before I put them on. I had a generic first, but it was not great. Too hard to tell depth.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 71
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 53
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2840.jpeg
    IMG_2840.jpeg