Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Day Tomorrow! (Probably Not)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my MYLR 3/9/22. Finally, my EDD has settled between 10/20/22 to 11/17/22. Tomorrow is 10/20. Still no VIN. I'm not getting my delivery date tomorrow am I. I waited patiently SO long, now I'm close enough I can taste it. This does feel lacking on Tesla’s part, how they handle the end game before delivery. Just venting, thanks. Nice to be here.

***JediSparky***

Ordered my MYLR 3/9/22. Finally, my EDD has settled between 10/20/22 to 11/17/22. Tomorrow is 10/20. Still no VIN. I'm not getting my delivery date tomorrow am I. I waited patiently SO long, now I'm close enough I can taste it. This does feel lacking on Tesla’s part, how they handle the end game before delivery. Just venting, thanks. Nice to be here.

***JediSparky***
My experience (20+ EDD shifts with my MYLR7) has been that the every time I entered a delivery window without a VIN the EDD was subsequently pushed out. This would happen usually two days inside the EDD and was always the case with 2-week windows.

Once the EDD window narrowed to a few days I was provided a VIN a few days prior.

Sorry.

My experience (20+ EDD shifts with my MYLR7) has been that the every time I entered a delivery window without a VIN the EDD was subsequently pushed out. This would happen usually two days inside the EDD and was always the case with 2-week windows.

Once the EDD window narrowed to a few days I was provided a VIN a few days prior.

Sorry.
Ya, my friend's EDD opened yesterday and got his VIN today. So that's good news. Same MYLR as me, just different color. Here's to hoping for a VIN tomorrow!

Also, Weird.... I just got a call from Tesla saying that my car is coming soon and my account looked in order. She asked if my financing was ready. I told her I needed a VIN#. She understood, but did not have that information at that time. *THEN* she asked me if I wanted to buy Tesla Solar. I said not now, but maybe latter down the road. We said good bye. Was this ONLY a Solar sales pitch??? Kinda felt like it. Had all my information, but in the end told me nothing about my car except "it's coming soon", then pitched me solar. I was excited to hear from Tesla.......then I wasn't. No biggie at the end of the day, just thought I'd share. See if anyone else got this.

***Jedisparky***

2022 MYLR/ Midnight Silver/ 20’’ Induction Wheels - EDD 10/20/22-11/17/22

Guess I don’t understand the issue. The new date is Still within your EDD.
Ya I get it, a couple people around me who ordered at same time got their VIN# a couple days into EDD window, once the smaller window had been set for a couple of months. I was hoping for the same, to get my paperwork going. But I got date shifted again instead. I know patience., I know. I'm at day 250ish. Like I said earlier, the waiting almost a year for a car is something I am getting used to. Gen X here, not how I grew up. I like Tesla's selling model, no dealership BS, that's WAY better. The date shifting and long wait is......we'll I'm learning to get used to it. All good, I'll be driving that bad boy soon enough.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88