Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is a charger coming with my *MYLR*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla says “Any vehicles ordered after April 17th, 2022 will not come with the charging bundle." I ordered my Model YLR March 3rd 22. When I look at my "Your Model Y build details" on my account page, it lists everything on my order, but no charger is listed. Should I be concerned I'm not getting one or do they just not show it listed on your account page? Wondering if anyone had any experience with this scenario?

Thanks,
***JediSparky***
2022 MYLR/ Midnight Silver/ 20’’ Induction Wheels/ 5 Seat, Black - EDD 11/1/22-11/15/22

I think you want to ask "which kinds of plugs and adapters will my Tesla come with". All Teslas have a socket built into the taillight which connects to the custom tesla charging cable found at all SuperChargers and on the Tesla home wall charging boxes (which you buy separately from the car). What is in question is which types of plug-adapters are in the trunk to connect your car to various AC wall plugs and/or third party charging standards. Recent cars come with less/no adapters. I'll let the electrical experts give the details.

Upvote 0
I think you want to ask "which kinds of plugs and adapters will my Tesla come with". All Teslas have a socket built into the taillight which connects to the custom tesla charging cable found at all SuperChargers and on the Tesla home wall charging boxes (which you buy separately from the car). What is in question is which types of plug-adapters are in the trunk to connect your car to various AC wall plugs and/or third party charging standards. Recent cars come with less/no adapters. I'll let the electrical experts give the details.
You are correct. I want to know if my Tesla will come with the (now removed) "Mobile Connector" for home charging. I already bought a 14-50 adapter for plugging in at home, I just don't want to be surprised when I pick up my vehicle and find no Mobile Connector and now I'm unable to charge at home. I ordered before the cut off date, so I should receive one. But I don't see it listed as part of my order. Just to be clear, you do know these used to be included in all Teslas? And now you have to buy them separately. The cut off was April 2022. I order my Tesla March 9th 2022.

***JediSparky***

Upvote 0
You will be emailed a coupon to order the mobile connector when you get your VIN.

Tesla stopped including them in the cars after they ran out of the "old" MC kit that didn't include the 14-50 adapter.
So for orders that should still receive them they started giving out discount codes to order the "new" MC kit that includes the 14-50 adapter...bonus!!
You can use your code towards a portion of a wall charger instead if you so choose.

Upvote 0
You will be emailed a coupon to order the mobile connector when you get your VIN.

Tesla stopped including them in the cars after they ran out of the "old" MC kit that didn't include the 14-50 adapter.
So for orders that should still receive them they started giving out discount codes to order the "new" MC kit that includes the 14-50 adapter...bonus!!
You can use your code towards a portion of a wall charger instead if you so choose.
This is great information, Thanks so much.

***JediSparky***

Upvote 0