Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received text that they're currently planning to build my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Couldn't find any recent posts about this. I received this text message today:
"We currently plan to build and deliver your Tesla Model Y in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built. Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time."
For those that also received a text message like this, how long after were you assigned a VIN? Crossing my fingers I'll get VIN'd soon!

--
OD: 4/12/22 (MYLR switched to MYP)
EDD: Nov-Jan
8/24/22: Switched to MYP
8/28: EDD 9/16-10/14
9/8: Received text to see if I had a trade-in
9/9: EDD 9/14-9/26

Reactions: EVed
Hi all. Couldn't find any recent posts about this. I received this text message today:

For those that also received a text message like this, how long after were you assigned a VIN? Crossing my fingers I'll get VIN'd soon!

--
OD: 4/12/22 (MYLR switched to MYP)
EDD: Nov-Jan
8/24/22: Switched to MYP
8/28: EDD 9/16-10/14
9/8: Received text to see if I had a trade-in
9/9: EDD 9/14-9/26
I just received same text and interested into knowing VIN and delivery timeline because I have planned vacation this week.

I just received the same text.

This might be new - I read that Tesla has more M3 and MS cars (Fremont) EOQ cars planned than people waiting. They said the 2023 rebate caused a lot of cancelations.
Oh yea, I've heard about the cancellations because of the rebate. Well, that works out in my favor. I doubt they'll let everyone delay 4 months, but I'm surprised they're even giving the option to delay given the number of cancellations already.

Well VIN is assigned and just received a text to schedule a delivery with just 2 days window Sept14-Sept15
Congrats!! Wow, they're really not giving you any time to get things sorted. I see that you're in Dublin. Are you picking up in Fremont? My pickup location is in Vallejo (I ordered from Walnut Creek), but wondering if switching to Fremont might be more beneficial. Just scared to make any changes when I'm so close to the finish line.

If people are cancelling orders due to the tax rebates, this could turn into a real debacle depending on what cars qualify, how many qualify, and whether it's for $3,750 or $7,500

By the time any of this becomes clear, higher interest rates could really mess people up and they may end up with orders at higher financing costs for vehicles that may qualify for only $3,750 or not at all.

The only saving grace could be price decreases in that time...

I wonder if we will see the "text back SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery" texts go out this week. Happened in June and happened last September. Not sure if it happened Dec or Mar. Last year the texts went out Sept 15th. Of course many who got the texts and replied September (or June) never got a VIN in September (or June) so it is all sort of meaningless.