Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big trip coming up - with a big trailer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have considered a double stacker trailer for a friend + me to go to Lake Garda, but that's off for this year. 2 boats and the larger trailer was looking like being right on my (legal) limit of 500kg.

The LR can do 910kg (?? I think) and from the glider towing above it seems fine with it.

I was playing with ABRP last night, and to get my boat to the south coast from Edinburgh needed 43 mins super charging, no trailer. That's set to 110% speed, no other limits and ignoring traffic. Adding the trailer and setting the speed to 65 max but otherwise keeping the same settings, it predicted 45 minutes of charging. Pretty happy with that.

Suspect that if I went to the double trailer it wouldn't be so kind. The single boat tucks in behind the car quite nicely, all folded in and under covers. With a double, all of the second boat is above the car which would intro much more windage, however carefully wrapped up it was.