Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bizarre Mobile Service Appointment Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a mobile service appointment today to address an ill-fitting driver door panel.

The appointment was scheduled for 12-530p at my office location. About 140pm, I received three texts simultaneously: (1) we'll be arriving in about 10 minutes...., (2) we have arrived and will begin service....(3) Thank you for using Tesla service, your invoice is available...

Mind you, no one has called or contacted me in anyway. I was in a meeting and frankly assumed it was an error. About 10 minutes later, I got an email from a coworker that my passenger door was open (and notified by the app as well).

At this point, I went outside. Sure enough, the mobile service unit had arrived, found the car, unlocked the car, repaired the driver door, left the passenger door open, left, and processed all the paperwork. So very strange. I'm simultaneously pissed off about leaving the door wide open and little bit surprised that they took the liberty to find the car, open it, do the work without even talking to me???

The door seems somewhat better---though I still hate the sound of the glass when closing a frameless door.

So I had a mobile service appointment today to address an ill-fitting driver door panel.

The appointment was scheduled for 12-530p at my office location. About 140pm, I received three texts simultaneously: (1) we'll be arriving in about 10 minutes...., (2) we have arrived and will begin service....(3) Thank you for using Tesla service, your invoice is available...

Mind you, no one has called or contacted me in anyway. I was in a meeting and frankly assumed it was an error. About 10 minutes later, I got an email from a coworker that my passenger door was open (and notified by the app as well).

At this point, I went outside. Sure enough, the mobile service unit had arrived, found the car, unlocked the car, repaired the driver door, left the passenger door open, left, and processed all the paperwork. So very strange. I'm simultaneously pissed off about leaving the door wide open and little bit surprised that they took the liberty to find the car, open it, do the work without even talking to me???

The door seems somewhat better---though I still hate the sound of the glass when closing a frameless door.

Wow.... your bro is 420 friendly for sure.

• Funny
Reactions: richmond-MY
Don't be alarm, my mobile service chipped my paint and could not put the door back together when attempting to fix the rear passenger. It resulted in me having to drop off the vehicle into the service center for a month. Not a single apology. Sherman oaks, CA mobile service to be exact.

A bit off topic but might be helpful: assuming you have one of the more recent software versions installed, you can set it such that you get a notification when your door is open for an extended amount of time.

Tesla service has a major issue with attention to detail. Not model y, but we went to pick up our model 3 from service a few days ago and they left our car out in the rain with the trunk open and in the rain. This is how it looked when we arrived and the car was “ready or pickup”.

leaving the door of your car sitting open is quite on brand from what we have experienced with both our Y and 3. Doesn’t make it right, but now I come to expect things like that and prepare myself for disappointment.

3241E885-5AFB-4B10-9130-771B94F1B427.jpeg

I hate reading this stuff. I've had excellent experience with service in my area. I've had a couple mobile appointments and a couple SC appointments and they are all very friendly and my MY has been well taken care of. Obviously some issues with Tesla to be taken care of here. I'd be furious if my vehicle was treated like some of yours