Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[video=youtube_share;E6HMcofF52g]I think I did say that this was a loaner. Given that, it means I don't know the car too much. So when I fiddled with the navigation, it was actually me trying to use it for the first time. I have used BMW's 1st generation iDrive that came out in 2004 in my 525d E61 before. And the reason why I used TomTom in that car was because it was so hard to use.

I can certainly emphasize with you. I set up the Leaf that Denise drives, and it's really complex. As bad as a pre-iPhone cellphone. Maybe worse.

Hey Bjørn!

It is interesting that the 70D is so efficient compared to your P85, while not a huge difference i think it is significant. I really liked the music in that episode by the way!

And almost totally off topic, you sometimes eat some thai foodstuff and snacks in your videos -not in this one though- And those segments are something that I find a bit quirky and entertaining, so please -more food :) And related to that... I bought a bag of thai sticky rice that I want to try out, there's cooking instructions on the bag but I'm wondering how do you cook your sticky rice? I'm guessing that there can be one way to cook sticky rice for every person doing it :)

hello Bjorn. it would be wonderful if you would use a polarized glass to eliminate the glare caused on inside your windshield by dashboard reflection.. it is almost always noticeable and ruins the scenery. for example around 7:05 it becomes vividly annoying. a circular filter would be great i guess. their price should be less than $100... keep good work.. have a nice weekend.

Hi Bjorn, great video's on the 70D! Did you use range mode all the trip? I recall you never use it on the millennium falcon right, I think you even made a video on range mode explaining it doesn't have that much effect? Why use it on the 70D then, to enable torque sleep?

I have an even more stripped down version of the 70D and stil love it:smile:. I never used range mode yet. Would it make that much diffence?

Hey Bjørn!

It is interesting that the 70D is so efficient compared to your P85, while not a huge difference i think it is significant. I really liked the music in that episode by the way!

And almost totally off topic, you sometimes eat some thai foodstuff and snacks in your videos -not in this one though- And those segments are something that I find a bit quirky and entertaining, so please -more food :) And related to that... I bought a bag of thai sticky rice that I want to try out, there's cooking instructions on the bag but I'm wondering how do you cook your sticky rice? I'm guessing that there can be one way to cook sticky rice for every person doing it :)
I will make a separate video about how to prepare and cook sticky rice :)

hello Bjorn. it would be wonderful if you would use a polarized glass to eliminate the glare caused on inside your windshield by dashboard reflection.. it is almost always noticeable and ruins the scenery. for example around 7:05 it becomes vividly annoying. a circular filter would be great i guess. their price should be less than $100... keep good work.. have a nice weekend.
Sigma CP-L 58 mm filter have been ordered now. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Hi Bjorn, great video's on the 70D! Did you use range mode all the trip? I recall you never use it on the millennium falcon right, I think you even made a video on range mode explaining it doesn't have that much effect? Why use it on the 70D then, to enable torque sleep?

I have an even more stripped down version of the 70D and stil love it:smile:. I never used range mode yet. Would it make that much diffence?
I used range mode soley to enable torque sleep. In my opinion (which I mentioned in the P85D review), Tesla should have added a separate button to enable torque sleep. Sometimes it's practical to use torque sleep but have full effect on HVAC. Range mode will limit the power on HVAC in range mode.

As for reduced consumption; Morgan and I recently shot a video where we tested torque sleep. I drove my P85 and he drove his P85D. With range mode off, both cars had almost identical consumption. Once range mode was turned on, the P85D spent a whopping 7 % lower energy. The 70D weighs less and that's probably why it consumes 10 % less than P85.

Interesting 70D video.
I must admit I did not watch every single minute of it, I made jumps through it.
Maybe you could make shorter, more to the point videos ? I wonder what others think.
The 70D video would be even more scientific and interesting if you could have weighed it and the Millenium Falcon. Also, a scientific comparison of the noise inside both cars at head level, with db and sound frequency measurements would have been perfect. By the way, the same could be done with electric fields, which according to physics scientists are innocuous...but independent biologists disagree; and the European norms for electric fields are like the European norms for diesel : totally under the influence of corporations.

Interesting 70D video.
I must admit I did not watch every single minute of it, I made jumps through it.
Maybe you could make shorter, more to the point videos ? I wonder what others think.
The 70D video would be even more scientific and interesting if you could have weighed it and the Millenium Falcon. Also, a scientific comparison of the noise inside both cars at head level, with db and sound frequency measurements would have been perfect. By the way, the same could be done with electric fields, which according to physics scientists are innocuous...but independent biologists disagree; and the European norms for electric fields are like the European norms for diesel : totally under the influence of corporations.
I, for one, really like the length of his videos -- it makes you feel like you're on a trip with him. I've seen road-trip videos that some others have done, and it becomes too much of a "we're here -- hey, now we're suddenly here!" kind of experience, without enjoying the scenery along the way (and Norway has beautiful scenery!).

Originally Posted by Bjorn
As for reduced consumption; Morgan and I recently shot a video where we tested torque sleep. I drove my P85 and he drove his P85D. With range mode off, both cars had almost identical consumption. Once range mode was turned on, the P85D spent a whopping 7 % lower energy. The 70D weighs less and that's probably why it consumes 10 % less than P85.[/QUOTE]

We want to see that video