Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great video as always!

I'm guessing I would be somewhat nervous with autopilot on until I've used it for a while. On the other hand, I'm probably more creeped out by bog standard cruise-control as it just steams ahead...
So my confidence in drive assist functions increase with it's complexity :) (A variation of the "uncanny valley" perhaps we should call it "the uncanny valet" :) )

So AP + automatic speed limit signs/signals adherence would be totally awesome.

Last edited:
Ubbe, I've been testing autopilot since Oct 15th extensively traveling from SF to Seattle to Vancouver, I still feel nervous at times. Had a few incidents for the past few days with autopilot (shown below). So far autopilot seems to work best on highways.

Tesla Autopilot V7.0 FAILED - Lost Track @ :15

Tesla Autopilot V7.0 - Auto Parking Failed @ :25

Last edited by a moderator:
SUNNY: You mean the part when the lane markings went missing in the first video where your car started to drift to the right a bit, and you took control? What happens if you drive the same route once more, did AP learn from your correction?

I don't quite see the problem in your auto park video? It looked like you aborted auto park by breaking just as it was backing into the spot. Did you feel it was too close to the car in front? I thought it was doing great...?

BTW what kind of camera set up is THAT?

Just one question: How can torque sleep (when the car is at a complete standstill) be tested on a highway. Shouldn't this mean that the car is more energy efficient when driver i cities with a lot of traffic lights ?
I wanted to see if it had any effect for driving. Many claimed that their car suddenly consumed more/less energy compared to before the update. It's hard to test this because when standing still the trip meter (and consumption) is not counting. So in order to measure it, we have to take delta of remaining range. But then we need a car with 6.2 to compare it with.

Bjorn & Jorgen: This was the best video I have seen that showcases Tesla's autopliot technology! Since I have an older Model S and do not have autopilot, it was great to have you share your autopilot experience (and humor!)! Thank you!!
Thanks for the feedback :)

I wanted to see if it had any effect for driving. Many claimed that their car suddenly consumed more/less energy compared to before the update. It's hard to test this because when standing still the trip meter (and consumption) is not counting. So in order to measure it, we have to take delta of remaining range. But then we need a car with 6.2 to compare it with.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Hi Björn, awesome videos as usual! When you compare consumption though, doesn't the car need to be in the same SOC on each run?
As the battery voltage goes down with discharge, the current goes up at any given power throughput. Higher current -> higher resistance -> lower efficiency.

Hi Björn, awesome videos as usual! When you compare consumption though, doesn't the car need to be in the same SOC on each run?
As the battery voltage goes down with discharge, the current goes up at any given power throughput. Higher current -> higher resistance -> lower efficiency.
Yes, that is correct. However, as we have seen during the hypermiling in Denmark, the difference is marginal and only barely visible at SOC < 20 %.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes! Power lost in resistance is P=I*I*R. I don't know internal resistance R, but I for normal driving is about 1/20 of max I. So resistive losses at max acceleration are 400 times larger than during normal driving. So losses at normal driving must be rather small. Low SOC will cause a small increase to already small value.

Based on posts on another forum year or two ago I believe I know how to beat 728.7 km 77.5 kWh 106 Wh/km record even with P85D.

May I suggest the movie "Supersize Me"?

I second that. "Supersize Me" is a great documentary, very funny, and with at least as much suspense as any Mission Impossible movie. And on top of that you learn something. 10/10.
Also, Bjorn, your friend could do one thing to improve your interesting videos: stop mixing singular and plural. I really do not understand how he can make so many basic English grammar mistakes, especially since he has an extensive vocabulary and knows many American expressions.
Anyway, the autopilot video was very impressive, especially since it was shot at night. I know it works better at night, but it was like a vision from the future, like science-fiction.

I second that. "Supersize Me" is a great documentary, very funny, and with at least as much suspense as any Mission Impossible movie. And on top of that you learn something. 10/10.
Also, Bjorn, your friend could do one thing to improve your interesting videos: stop mixing singular and plural. I really do not understand how he can make so many basic English grammar mistakes, especially since he has an extensive vocabulary and knows many American expressions.
Anyway, the autopilot video was very impressive, especially since it was shot at night. I know it works better at night, but it was like a vision from the future, like science-fiction.

English isn't his first language, so I cut him some slack. Whenever a non-native English speaker makes grammar mistakes that bug me, I remind myself that they are far better in their native language than I ever could be. I know a few words here and there of some other languages, but I am utterly mono-linguistic. Other languages just don't stick in my brain, I struggle enough with my native tongue.

I understand what he means and that's good enough for me.