Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished watching your Nordkapp video, Bjorn. Well done!

However, I notice you stopped listing your average speed in your trip stats for the last few videos. Most of the time you seem to be getting Rated Range efficiency or better. Do you find yourself having to slow down in order to reach these numbers?

Here in Canada, I find that on the highway I have to travel considerably below the speed limit (85km/hr in a 100km/hr zone) in order to achieve the Rated Range efficiency. What is the average speed limit in Norway?

I remember reading somewhere that a coalition of Norwegian companies were putting up a fast-charging network that goes to North Cape (Can't seem to find the article at the moment, though). Have you heard about this? Would you make the trip again if there was a fast-charge network in place?

I remember reading somewhere that a coalition of Norwegian companies were putting up a fast-charging network that goes to North Cape (Can't seem to find the article at the moment, though). Have you heard about this? Would you make the trip again if there was a fast-charge network in place?

They have. Here is a Norwegian article about the chargers. I plan to order a Model S after this summer and it would be really great to try this route as I've never taken the route all the way up there (I live in Levanger, an hour north of Trondheim): http://bellona.no/nyheter/samferdse...-bygger-ladekorridor-elbil-trondheim-nordkapp

However, I notice you stopped listing your average speed in your trip stats for the last few videos. Most of the time you seem to be getting Rated Range efficiency or better. Do you find yourself having to slow down in order to reach these numbers?

Here in Canada, I find that on the highway I have to travel considerably below the speed limit (85km/hr in a 100km/hr zone) in order to achieve the Rated Range efficiency. What is the average speed limit in Norway?

I get Rated range or BETTER in Wisconsin even when going 10+ over the speed limit (70, 80, 90 in 65 zones). The only thing that seems to hurt my rated is AC or Heat.

Bjorn I discovered your Tesla videos this week and have watched the first seven, now watching #8 part 1. Entertaining, informative, and nicely edited! They are particularly interesting for me because in a few weeks my wife and I will be visiting Norway to spend a week hiking in the Lofoten Islands and then another week hiking in the fjords near Bergen. We live in San Mateo, California, and have never visited any Scandanavian country although we have made two trips to Iceland so have some experience with similar weather conditions, though only in the summer (or what passes for summer in Northern latitudes!)

Watching video # 8 I finally understood that you were born in Norway and I assume have lived there your whole life?

Anyway, congratulations on your marriage to lovely Ammery and best wishes for many happy miles of traveling, and some sleeping, ;-) in your Model S!

First of all, a new video from me showing charging to 100 % on a supercharger in Gol. Below are some replies to other posts.

I stopped showing average speed because it was too hard to estimate. The car can't show it in the trip meter like any other cars I've owled. I stop often to do driveby shots, and that messes up my timing. For a while I tried Google Mytracks, but the problem there is that the phone must be on all times. Sometimes I use flight mode to limit the static noise from EDGE-traffic. The speed limits in Norway are usually 70-80 km/h outside of cities and 50-60 km/t in cities/towns.

Here's the link about the Route 71 degrees north:
Bellona, Sønnico og Salto bygger ladekorridor for elbil Trondheim - Nordkapp Bellona

Maybe he drafts trucks. It's easy to get rated range doing that.
I tried drafting trucks a few times and I don't like it. Sand and rocks bombard the front of my car. It's not worth it at all.

I get Rated range or BETTER in Wisconsin even when going 10+ over the speed limit (70, 80, 90 in 65 zones). The only thing that seems to hurt my rated is AC or Heat.
Do you drive on flat roads? In Norway the road is going up and down all the time. Whenever I'm on a flat motorway, the consumption is considerably better.

Bjorn I discovered your Tesla videos this week and have watched the first seven, now watching #8 part 1. Entertaining, informative, and nicely edited! They are particularly interesting for me because in a few weeks my wife and I will be visiting Norway to spend a week hiking in the Lofoten Islands and then another week hiking in the fjords near Bergen. We live in San Mateo, California, and have never visited any Scandanavian country although we have made two trips to Iceland so have some experience with similar weather conditions, though only in the summer (or what passes for summer in Northern latitudes!)

Watching video # 8 I finally understood that you were born in Norway and I assume have lived there your whole life?

Anyway, congratulations on your marriage to lovely Ammery and best wishes for many happy miles of traveling, and some sleeping, ;-) in your Model S!
Sounds like a great trip you have planned :) I was born in Thailand and moved to Norway when I was four years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be making any Tesla videos for a while. I'm currently working on getting the Europe road trip 2013 finished. In three weeks we will go on our first Europe trip in Model S. So for now, here's a teaser:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a from a trip they took in 2013 (Pre-Model S), so he didn't have much of a choice.

If you have to take an ICE, there are far worse options than a 525d...
Exactly. It was quite convenient to cruise between 140 and 180 km/h on the European motorways and not worry about range at all and where to charge. But the fuel cost $2000 just for two weeks. However, the E61 has much better sound proofing in both windows and wheels. I have a footage of me almost whispering while driving in 160 km/h in E61. This is not something unique with Tesla though. All cars with frameless windows have more wind noise.

The E61 was also equipped with head-up display, night vision, adaptive bi-xenon, full M-tech, webasto with timer, panorama roof (that can be closed entirely), hifi professional sound system and much much more. Overall, my old E61 was far superior in interior and noise. But I had to make a compromise by getting the Tesla. And I was tired of having to pay loads for diesel, repairs and toll roads every year.