Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjorn's 125k km issues video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shop added common paint protection film patch to the paint wear areas but even that gets wrinkled, it is really just temporary until the plastic culprit counterpart on the door gets replaced with a new design. This and the recurring shudder/rattle are the only things Tesla has not yet been able to fix with a replacement (jury is out on the current half-shaft model).
Like Bjorn’s, my early car has had lots of bits replaced with newer versions so later cars should not have these issues.
Front corner lights, front fascia, rear diffuser, third row seats, driver’s seat, passenger headrest, door sensors, front door handles, control units, bluetooth antenna, fobs, and visors were replaced and also trunk floor supports, rear HVAC insulation, and window gasket trim were added. I hear there are new versions of the FWD handles and the inside FWD switch but mine have not needed replacement.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
Interesting. The driver door issue is still miles to what happened to me last night.

Passenger side front door wouldn’t latch. Need to rock the catch in the door into a locked position and open the door from the inside handle while open to reset.

Seems to happen every 2-3 times the door is opened. It just slams into the door jam and won’t lock. Will be in a Ranger service soon to get it looked at

What was wrong with your front fascia and rear diffuser?

Shop added common paint protection film patch to the paint wear areas but even that gets wrinkled, it is really just temporary until the plastic culprit counterpart on the door gets replaced with a new design. This and the recurring shudder/rattle are the only things Tesla has not yet been able to fix with a replacement (jury is out on the current half-shaft model).
Like Bjorn’s, my early car has had lots of bits replaced with newer versions so later cars should not have these issues.
Front corner lights, front fascia, rear diffuser, third row seats, driver’s seat, passenger headrest, door sensors, front door handles, control units, bluetooth antenna, fobs, and visors were replaced and also trunk floor supports, rear HVAC insulation, and window gasket trim were added. I hear there are new versions of the FWD handles and the inside FWD switch but mine have not needed replacement.