Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black chrome arachnid wheels installed with spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although the work on blacking out the chrome on my Model S won't be finished until tomorrow afternoon, I did get the arachnid wheels installed yesterday. They were power coated in black chrome, which is a three stage process. First they're powder coated in black. Then a metalized deposit is applied. Finally a third layer of clear coat finish is powder coated on top of that.

I used spacers to get the outer edge of the tires flush with top edge of the wheel well. Given the section width of the Michelin Pilot Sport tires and the 40mm offset of the arachids, this required 30mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear.

Here are a few photos of the results. It's a very aggressive look and exactly what I had hoped for. Will post more photos tomorrow of the entire blacked out car. The blacked out headlamps are a real benefit but I had them done some time ago.

fullsizeoutput_5f81.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f84.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f85.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f87.jpeg

IMG_E1778.JPG

fullsizeoutput_5f8b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f7c.jpeg

Love the red calipers! P90DL?

Refreshed front end?

Awesome look with flush wheels! Still oem but enhanced for sure

Yes, refreshed front with all Telsa OEM parts. The whole story is here.

I have a P85 but it's so extensively modified you're never know it. The red calipers were done by a shop in Florida. Took off the originals and shipped them to Florida when I was away in Europe. They were waiting for me when I returned.

Great looking car! I am hoping to join the Tesla family in the next few months (just impatiently waiting to see what shakes out before year-end). I live in Florida. Would you mind sharing where in Florida you had the calipers done?

ArmorTech Powder Coating, Inc
954-979-8600
www.armortechpowdercoating.com

Need profile pics, all angles ASAP

Will do but will take the photos tomorrow am. The car was not finished until late today.

Carbon fiber side mirrors...wrap or actual CB? Where do you get them? Look awesome!

The caps are real carbon fiber. The chrome was wrapped today in Vvivid gloss carbon fiber along with the handles. Pictures tomorrow, but I can say now it's a fantastic wrapping job.

What's the size of the spacers?

Do you have a link to purchase them?

Motorsport Technology. Spacers are 30mm front 20mm rear. But this could vary by several mm depending on the section width of the tires you have and how flush you want them with the upper fender edges.

Last edited:
Here are some more photos. Light conditions were not appropriate for overall/distance shots of the car but were perfect for some details that show off the superb quality of the wrap job. I should be able to take and post distance shots this evening.

The work was done at D&L Window Tinting in Parkville, MD. The tech doing the work took six hours just for the door handles and chrome under the mirrors. All in all I think he devoted at least 12 hours to the work, and I think it shows. He even wrapped the sides (not just the faces) of the front T and arch which has to be very difficult. The wrap used was Vvivid's Black Tech Art Gloss Carbon, which IMHO is the best reproduction vinyl of real carbon fiber with a gloss finish. It's much better than all of the other stuff I've seen. So the center caps would be the same color as the wheels he also wrapped the wheel center caps with a black chrome vinyl also made by Vvivid. I added the 3D Tesla Ts to the center caps myself.

DSC_7911.JPG

DSC_7912.JPG

DSC_7920.JPG

DSC_7922.JPG

DSC_7910.JPG

DSC_7921.JPG

DSC_7928.JPG