Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black chrome arachnid wheels installed with spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some longer distance and additional detail photos. The holes in the bumper are for the parking sensors, which have not yet been installed as part of the accident repairs that caused me to be without the car since late June.

fullsizeoutput_5f95.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f97.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f98.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f99.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f9b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f9f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f9e.jpeg

DSC_7947.JPG

That is freaking beautiful. I love the contrast with the Black Chrome wheels on Red. Nice work ARTSCI. For a 2013 P85 that is really one gorgeous combination. I don't usually go for red, but I would if this was the total package. Very Very nice work to whomever your vendor was. (suspect their are several).

You better invest in an alarm, that car is going get way too much attention in Maryland. Also aren't you using some kinda of aircraft wax -Permanon Aircraft Supershine that was used on the Concorde or something? It looks better than Opti-Coat and cQuartz.

Last edited:
That is freaking beautiful. I love the contrast with the Black Chrome wheels on Red. Nice work ARTSCI. For a 2013 P85 that is really one gorgeous combination. I don't usually go for red, but I would if this was the total package. Very Very nice work to whomever your vendor was. (suspect their are several).

You better invest in an alarm, that car is going get way too much attention in Maryland. Also aren't you using some kinda of aircraft wax -Permanon Aircraft Supershine that was used on the Concorde or something? It looks better than Opti-Coat and cQuartz.

Thanks, and much appreciated. I had my doubts when I started on this but the results are much better than I expected.

You're right about the Permanon. I've been using their Aircraft Supershine for about a year. The stuff is phenomenal and is incredible easy to apply -- just mix it with distilled water, mist it on, and wipe it off. Every other month does the trick.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
ArmorTech Powder Coating, Inc
954-979-8600
www.armortechpowdercoating.com

Will do but will take the photos tomorrow am. The car was not finished until late today.

The caps are real carbon fiber. The chrome was wrapped today in Vvivid gloss carbon fiber along with the handles. Pictures tomorrow, but I can say now it's a fantastic wrapping job.

Motorsport Technology. Spacers are 30mm front 20mm rear. But this could vary by several mm depending on the section width of the tires you have and how flush you want them with the upper fender edges.

This Tesla looks amazing... really nice work! I would like to order the offset spacers as well. Any particular version you would recommend from the Mororsport Tech product options? I have a 2017 S. Thanks in advance!

Did you purchase the hub and wheel centric version with pressed in studs, or extensions? Seems like you might get a bit more bolt stretch with the extensions but I feel like either would work just fine... no expert though.
I am really looking forward to performing this mod when the car arrives.

artsci, one more question for you if you don't mind... when you measured for the spacers, did you put the car into low suspension position? Anything special to make sure you were not going to rub on the wheel wells when you go through jounce and rebound?

artsci, one more question for you if you don't mind... when you measured for the spacers, did you put the car into low suspension position? Anything special to make sure you were not going to rub on the wheel wells when you go through jounce and rebound?

Yes, I put it on the lowest setting to determine how much additional it wanted it to be lowered. I've had no problems with rubbing on jounce and rebound. Basically my low setting is the equivalent of the original OEM low setting, which Tesla has since raised.