Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black deceleration line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t seen any of the release notes but now there is a black line that extends the green line when brake power is applied by the vehicle when there is limited regenerative breaking. This could be under TACC or when using single pedal driving and apply breaks when limited regen is selected.

Attachments

• 97D4493F-ADEE-432C-AB2B-E0B0622307F6.jpeg
    97D4493F-ADEE-432C-AB2B-E0B0622307F6.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 103
I’d be interested in seeing just how often the car applies the physical brakes in TACC, AP and FSDb. FSDb seems to brake quite late, often accelerating up to red lights only to brake - a pretty poor driving style if you’re at all worried about efficiency.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Not necessarily, it also does it on autopilot regardless of that option being selected. Basically whenever vehicle applies the brakes for you.
This is part of why I’ll disable autopilot in some stop and go situations. No need to have it constantly hitting the brake pedal and using the physical brakes.

I do like the display change to show you when it’s using the brake pads instead of just regenerative braking. i’ll have to check if it does the same for braking the last few mph even when you don’t have the “blended brakes” option set. Would be interesting to see where it kick in under normal usage.

This is part of why I’ll disable autopilot in some stop and go situations. No need to have it constantly hitting the brake pedal and using the physical brakes.

I do like the display change to show you when it’s using the brake pads instead of just regenerative braking. i’ll have to check if it does the same for braking the last few mph even when you don’t have the “blended brakes” option set. Would be interesting to see where it kick in under normal usage.

Are brake pads worth dealing with stop and go traffic?

Reactions: Murky-Article