Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Friday - Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Abstract Ocean has a “spend more save more” Black Friday promo. You can also stack a coupon code on top for additional savings (lots of coupons floating around the internet but I used “TeslaExpo” successfully for an additional 15% off).

Accessorize your Tesla!

I picked up the well-regarded replacement LEDs for interior lighting in my Model 3. For the set of 7 plus 2 footwell lights, came to $84 USD shipped to Canada. Likely have to pay some brokerage when they arrive.

They sell a lot of other Tesla accessories too.

Abstract Ocean has a “spend more save more” Black Friday promo. You can also stack a coupon code on top for additional savings (lots of coupons floating around the internet but I used “TeslaExpo” successfully for an additional 15% off).

Accessorize your Tesla!

I picked up the well-regarded replacement LEDs for interior lighting in my Model 3. For the set of 7 plus 2 footwell lights, came to $84 USD shipped to Canada. Likely have to pay some brokerage when they arrive.

They sell a lot of other Tesla accessories too.

I bought the 4 pack white LEDs plus two logo LEDs for the front doors a few weeks ago. No brokerage costs were incurred. Fyi.

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
Protip for you guys trying to install the LED's for the trunk: It's much easier job of putting the black rectangle clip back through the new LED light if you pop the clip off holding the trunk liner to the body. (it's needed so that your lights don't just pop out of the trunk liner) There is one clip on each side of the car on the top corners that look like a round plastic rivet (behind the top tail lights). You can pop them off with the screw driver or the spudger you bought from Abstract Ocean. Peel back trunk liner to get easier access and leverage on that stupid black rectangle plastic clip . It's a real pain in the ass to put back on the new LED lights.

Did they ship your order via USPS? They “upgraded” my shipment to DHL which I think greatly inceases my chances of being dinged for brokerage. :rolleyes:
USPS for me. Good luck, hope you don't get dinged

Protip for you guys trying to install the LED's for the trunk: It's much easier job of putting the black rectangle clip back through the new LED light if you pop the clip off holding the trunk liner to the body. (it's needed so that your lights don't just pop out of the trunk liner) There is one clip on each side of the car on the top corners that look like a round plastic rivet (behind the top tail lights). You can pop them off with the screw driver or the spudger you bought from Abstract Ocean. Peel back trunk liner to get easier access and leverage on that stupid black rectangle plastic clip . It's a real pain in the ass to put back on the new LED lights.

Lol thanks. I tried one trunk light, couldn't get it to go back in place quickly and just said screw it, it's too cold for this. So one light is still oem and the other side is dangling.

Tony, we were typing at the same time! It is a PIA to put it back on the AO lights. I pulled off the top plastic trim and pins as well to try. I ended up just leaving it off. The lights stay secured just press fit into the liner quite well. To cold now to try again as the plastic will just snap.
FYI, All my orders from AO have shipped direct USPS. No duty, fees or taxes.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Hi All. We do our best to minimize the brokerage/customs fees. The smaller orders are now mostly shipping DHL eCommerce, which is different to DHL WW Express. The latter is an expedited service, 2-3 days, eCommerce is a hybrid service, where the local postal service takes care of the 'last mile', but it does at least get USPS out of the loop, as they were getting very, very slow for Canada shipments. DHL eCommerce are not super-quick, but they are very predicable and far more reliable (and quicker than USPS). As a genera rule, orders that are <$100 cart value shouldn't incur duty, but it does depend on a few other factors outside of our control.

As for the coupon codes, generally they're not stackable; there's a few flash sales running on Insta and Twitter over the weekend that are stackable, but we do need to limit the cart-level discounts. Kids to feed. Or at least to send to collage :)

Hi All. We do our best to minimize the brokerage/customs fees. The smaller orders are now mostly shipping DHL eCommerce, which is different to DHL WW Express. The latter is an expedited service, 2-3 days, eCommerce is a hybrid service, where the local postal service takes care of the 'last mile', but it does at least get USPS out of the loop, as they were getting very, very slow for Canada shipments. DHL eCommerce are not super-quick, but they are very predicable and far more reliable (and quicker than USPS). As a genera rule, orders that are <$100 cart value shouldn't incur duty, but it does depend on a few other factors outside of our control.

As for the coupon codes, generally they're not stackable; there's a few flash sales running on Insta and Twitter over the weekend that are stackable, but we do need to limit the cart-level discounts. Kids to feed. Or at least to send to collage :)

Hey Pete, I used to think ‘once I get them through college it’s over’. I now know it’s never over...........Thanks for all the great customer service I’ve received! Cheers, Sandy

Closing the loop here. I finally received my LED lights - delayed because of the Canada Post strike and through no fault of Abstract Ocean. AO actually shipped the lights the very next day after I ordered. They used DHL eCommerce which, unknown to me at the time, hands off to Canada Post at the border. No brokerage, duties, or taxes owed! Very satisfied! Now waiting for a warmer day to install the lights...

For those interested what they look like on a M3 (slanted pot light slot in the front skews the logo a bit).

upload_2018-12-4_9-34-43.png