Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Interior...not necessarily hot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in South Texas where the Summer temperature can make first entry into your vehicle pretty miserable.
I chose a black interior thinking that it was going to be very hot at times...but the more that I thought about it, the
interior may never have to be hot when you first get in.

I would imagine that you could pre-cool the car via a phone app for a few minutes before you get inside. Also,
I bet that there will be a way to keep the air conditioner running if you stop at a store for five to ten minutes.

This would be a luxury that would be worth the loss in charge if the car keeps cool.

Any thoughts or comments?

I live in South Texas where the Summer temperature can make first entry into your vehicle pretty miserable.
I chose a black interior thinking that it was going to be very hot at times...but the more that I thought about it, the
interior may never have to be hot when you first get in.

I would imagine that you could pre-cool the car via a phone app for a few minutes before you get inside. Also,
I bet that there will be a way to keep the air conditioner running if you stop at a store for five to ten minutes.

This would be a luxury that would be worth the loss in charge if the car keeps cool.

Any thoughts or comments?

I'm in the same boat being in a tropical climate. The app won't be ready for a few months according to those I spoke to, but no question that once we can remotely adjust the temp of the car this shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully it will be ready for summer 2013. Assuming you plan to keep the car awhile it shouldn't be an issue once the app is ready. Before that, it might be an issue but it may be possible the just keep the car at a certain temp during the day (though it will impact range, obviously).

Like Arnold, I live in South Florida, but I decided to roll the dice and order a black interior -- it was the best complement for silver—the exterior color I chose. I'm hoping the app saves the day -- otherwise, I'll have to be careful if if I get into the car while wearing shorts when there's bright sun. Down here, we try real hard to park in the shade whenever possible, but that's hit or miss.