Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed them. Will give it a try tmr am on my car mmute to work. One thing I have a question about. If I press on the bottom corner it kinda pops off it's clamp. Is this normal? I did it on both driver and passengers side and both are easily pop off the bracket when I push the corner.
SumaPerformance, A moment ago
NewBecause our mirrors are convex, the surface area is larger than that of OEM mirror. As a result, Suma mirrors do not have as much clearance such that when they are push against the mirror housing, they will make that sound. The shouldn't easily pop off.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Just installed them. Will give it a try tmr am on my car mmute to work. One thing I have a question about. If I press on the bottom corner it kinda pops off it's clamp. Is this normal? I did it on both driver and passengers side and both are easily pop off the bracket when I push the corner.
Because our mirrors are convex, the surface area is larger than that of OEM mirror. As a result, Suma mirrors do not have as much clearance such that when they are push against the mirror housing, they will make that sound. They shouldn't easily pop off.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Some after photos. Sorry dont have any before/after comparisons.

The mirrors are great, just like on the other family fleet cars equipped with these. No more blindspots and no more inconsistent and ill-timed auto dim.

Screenshot_20190914-205322_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190914-205253_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190914-205305_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190914-205246_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190914-205157_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190914-205145_Gallery.jpg

Yes. Matrix black center console, dash, door buttons, charging port area. I like the texture and look as well as its plasticity vs other film.

Back on-topic Suma mirrors have done a great job on the highway and in city driving last few days. No issues and great antiglare function at night and in garages.

Earlier posts re their slightly larger surface area are correct and they cant extend/angle as far out as the stock units (maybe a 2-5% difference in range) but
a. the full range is no longer needed given the optics
b. they fit great in the housing regardless
c. they are a fair bit lighter... probably as a function of the missing dimmer circuitry and overall slightly lesser thickness

The natural blue hue is very subtle (even more subtle in person vs photos). Great crisp mirror surface.

Update: So I looked more closely and the extra wires and connector are for the auto-dimming which, of course, is not used or needed on the new mirrors. So, I just tucked the connect and wire behind the mounting plate and ignored it. Mirrors installed easily and look and work great, so I'm a happy camper!

So, I ran in to an issue when attempting to do the mirror install. My OEM mirror (I only attempted the left side at this point) has some additional wiring and a connector that Suma's does not have… The Suma mirror just has a defroster connector...

How do I handle this? I have the 3 LR RWD with the Premium Interior and FSD, built March of 2019. I've attached a picture of the OEM mirror.

Attachments

• 20191003_142754.jpg
    20191003_142754.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Update: So I looked more closely and the extra wires and connector are for the auto-dimming which, of course, is not used or needed on the new mirrors. So, I just tucked the connect and wire behind the mounting plate and ignored it. Mirrors installed easily and look and work great, so I'm a happy camper!

So, I ran in to an issue when attempting to do the mirror install. My OEM mirror (I only attempted the left side at this point) has some additional wiring and a connector that Suma's does not have… The Suma mirror just has a defroster connector...

How do I handle this? I have the 3 LR RWD with the Premium Interior and FSD, built March of 2019. I've attached a picture of the OEM mirror.

I'm pretty sure the wiring you thought was for auto-dimming is for mirror heating and the "extra OEM wiring" you're referring to is for auto-dimming. So what to do with the "extra OEM wiring" is to not do anything. And then use the extra connector from Suma to connect the stock wiring to the new mirror so you retain the heated mirror feature.

Reactions: SumaPerformance
Finally got a chance to change out the mirrors once I got the extension wires for the defrost. Took 5 mins to change out both mirrors and they are much better than stock. Pic of the difference side by side.

I’ll reuse my little circular convex mirrors as well since I disable my autotilt.

Attachments

• 8FE7B14F-717A-4385-AF2B-9A80C6E52184.jpeg
    8FE7B14F-717A-4385-AF2B-9A80C6E52184.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 145
  • A793BDAD-EE3B-469A-A017-D3635CEBD0DA.jpeg
    A793BDAD-EE3B-469A-A017-D3635CEBD0DA.jpeg
    459.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Reactions: SumaPerformance