Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blindspot beep?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the update yesterday and confirmed while driving today the chime goes off if you start turning towards the direction to which there’s a car in your blind spot.
With your blinker on, right? It won’t chime if it’s off. (Not that I would do that!)

I wish it wasn’t only wheel turn based. At that point your already merging. It should first be based on intent from the blinker (and finally turning the wheel).

With your blinker on, right? It won’t chime if it’s off. (Not that I would do that!)

I wish it wasn’t only wheel turn based. At that point your already merging. It should first be based on intent from the blinker (and finally turning the wheel).

I totally agree with you. Maybe they can tweak the software that allows you to choose the sensitivity of when the chime activates (before blinker or wheel turned) ..kind of defeats the purpose of the chime with the current setup, at least it’s better than before

Reactions: Snow Drift
I've had it go off twice now and both times there was no one in the blindspot. Might have to turn this feature off, it's quite jarring.

I don't have this feature yet, but I'm super annoyed that it apparently beeps (also annoyed to hear that it apparently false alarms though I'll reserve judgement on that until I try it). My other cars don't beep for blind spot detection! In my Highlander I have to turn off the LDA feature when driving with my wife because she hates the beeping, which is quite shrill. So now I won't be able to use this feature on the Model 3.

Why don't they just have it vibrate the steering wheel when there is someone in the blind spot, or make it an option to do that? No one but the driver ever has to know! The vibrating for lane departure feature wouldn't be going off when you're signaling in the direction of lane departure, so it's not like there would be a conflict or any ambiguity (and they could still maintain the departure feature if you started to depart the lane in the opposite direction from the turn signal for whatever reason).