Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency Flashers While Moving In Traffic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed something new to me today. I was in a funeral procession where all of the participating cars drove with their emergency flashers activated. When cars passed my car on either side, they all turned red on the display; same as when the car detects a hazard. Also, when doing a lane change with the flashers on, the blind spot camera images did not display. I had to make a few quick lane changes when other cars cut into the procession and I hit the turn signal stalk but no image appeared. I know other cars would not know I was signaling a lane change with the 4 way flashers going but I think it would be a good idea to still display the blind spot image.

Oh, I missed the part about you having your hazards on as well. Yes, that is a software bug.

The car doesn't allow turn signals and hazards to operate at the same time (of course), but they forgot to allow the camera. The turn signal input does register and is remembered, but it defers the blinking and camera until the hazards are turned off. It doesn't matter which comes first - even if you have the signal/camera on first, it will disappear when you hit the hazards and reappear when done. Likewise if you try to signal when the hazards are already on, it will store the request but won't begin signaling and showing the camera until the hazards are off.

Reactions: dusty22