Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue colored Performance + nowhere to be found yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/31/16 line reservation, non-owner, east coast
5/20 config blue AWD
6/23 changed to P-AWD w/ black interior (before floodgates opened)
6/27 price automatically went down, new config reflected Performance + performance package
7/24 Still nothing... I don't even have the new confirmation page and still have my Edit button :(

• Informative
Reactions: Boomer19
can’t. i’m completely locked. not sure at this point if i should’ve been contacted or if it went to junk or not hah. maybe i should call, but i don’t feel like waiting hour+

i’ll take tips if any has them (as in, is this the expected behavior or not)

If you call Tesla and speak to a rep --- Let them know you want to make changes, but don't have edit button. They will check to see if you have VIN assigned. If you don't have VIN assigned, they will send you an email which you will reply to w/ RN and requested changes. He told me changes would process in 1-3 days.

I did not go through with the request, but that's the story I got.

• Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
3/31/16 line reservation, non-owner, east coast
5/20 config blue AWD
6/23 changed to P-AWD w/ black interior (before floodgates opened)
6/27 price automatically went down, new config reflected Performance + performance package
7/24 Still nothing... I don't even have the new confirmation page and still have my Edit button :(

did you fill out all the information that tesla requested?
what time were you in line on east coast?

640DE67F-FAE9-43D1-80E6-1476B6A4C004.jpeg
To me the blue looks better on the screen than in person, and I love blue but I saved $1500 and changed to black to do something aftermarket. Model S blue looks dope, more surface area.

Attachments

• E23444E9-3178-48D6-8ADF-B8ED0C6C5A97.jpeg
    E23444E9-3178-48D6-8ADF-B8ED0C6C5A97.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 57
  • FB561819-4DB5-4041-BBD8-000C6F980867.jpeg
    FB561819-4DB5-4041-BBD8-000C6F980867.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 53
  • CD567FBA-39B6-4947-BD66-42ECF17F9B2B.jpeg
    CD567FBA-39B6-4947-BD66-42ECF17F9B2B.jpeg
    577.5 KB · Views: 55
Just got my email notice that a vin has been assigned for my P3D BLUE with everything.
I didn't finish the confirmation page but that didn't stop them from telling me I need to confirm before delivery.
They have scheduled a Seattle delivery for July 31. So for those who wondered about Performance Blue, they have one for me.

I am a current owner, no trade in, cash and it is scheduled for a Seattle delivery
I was hesitant about keeping the 20" wheels and FSD, but that decision is now out of my hands
I was also am not in any hurry to get the car since I have an S and want TSLA up to at least 330 before selling some for t

No way I expected to be getting a car in a week especially when everyone is wondering about whether or not Blue is being pushed out yet.

Just got my email notice that a vin has been assigned for my P3D BLUE with everything.
I didn't finish the confirmation page but that didn't stop them from telling me I need to confirm before delivery.
They have scheduled a Seattle delivery for July 31. So for those who wondered about Performance Blue, they have one for me.

I am a current owner, no trade in, cash and it is scheduled for a Seattle delivery
I was hesitant about keeping the 20" wheels and FSD, but that decision is now out of my hands
I was also am not in any hurry to get the car since I have an S and want TSLA up to at least 330 before selling some for t

No way I expected to be getting a car in a week especially when everyone is wondering about whether or not Blue is being pushed out yet.

@RABaby did you get the white interior? If so, please post pictures as that is what I have ordered from 5-23-18.

@RABaby did you get the white interior? If so, please post pictures as that is what I have ordered from 5-23-18.

Yes, I got everything they offered but I typically have buyer's remorse.
I bought white because I thought it would be unique to performance but that was short lived.
Tesla is good at pulling triggers and getting people to buy, which is not a bad thing.
Probably the only reason white is not offered to rear wheel drive is because they want to clear out all the existing cars before offering it for all new orders. They don't want a lot of orders changed right now.

But to your question about white, yes. As to posting pictures, that would be sometime next week at the earliest and by then I expect others to have posted pictures of blue with white interior.

I just changed my order from AWD non P to the Performance Edition.

Blue with Black interior, otherwise all options selected. I'm excited for my call that my VIN is assigned, but it probably wont happen for another month or 2. I only ordered this month and held no reservation.

Reactions: Sg911
Update to my delivery. Sent a response to the notice that I had a VIN and a July 31 delivery. Had three questions:
Just got a call from him this evening.

Asked about using my 19 inch wheels that I kept from the P85 and was told it would work with the performance brakes.

Wanted to know details about FSD since Musk said some components would be released in August. The rep said I could wait until Musk talks before going ahead with the deal. Since it is software, he said I can delete it easily if I choose to not take the option.

Asked if delaying would send the car to someone else and he said it would and this was the first Blue performance he had seen but he thinks getting put back in the queue would put me two to three weeks back. He has no visibility for production so he couldn't say anything about blue, but this car would indicate they are making them now.

Overall I am pleased with the entire process because I was clearly getting an early car in quick time as a first day reservation holder and owner. They are totally willing to work with people so if anyone has a concern about changing their car, it should not be a problem. They want happy customers. But there is the caveat that there are lots of new employees and some could be overwhelmed and some may not be as helpful. It is always best if one doesn't have to have the car immediately because then you can't be disappointed with a delay. In my case, I asked for the delay and it was no problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Boomer19 and Arpe
Tesla reps are usually wrong.

Model S wheels are 5x120 with a 64.1mm center bore & Model 3 wheels are 5x114.3 with a 64.1mm center bore.

Not surprising, but too bad. I guess the wheels and tires will be backups for my S. I'm kind of torn about the performance wheel package because I don't care for low profile tires. They are easily destroyed by potholes and I have no expectation that the increased performance of ten miles per hour top speed would ever be utilized.

It may be better to save the $5000 and go with a basic performance version. I don't think I'll miss the little trinkets.
And if I knock off the FSD, that is an $8000 savings, plus another $800+ I won't be paying in taxes.

So I guess it isn't too bad about the wheels. Always best to see the benefits of a saved dollar.

Reactions: webdbbt
Blue P3D, + 20" wheels/brakes/mph bump. No other options.
Reserved 6/16/2016
Ordered 6/30/2018
No Edit 7/3/2018
Nothing yet. Aug '18 - Oct '18 delivery date
775 days waiting, and counting ... It will be 800d on Aug 25th... I am climbing the walls.

I reserved on 4/1/16, ordered/configured on 6/29/18 and haven't heard anything. Deep Blue Metallic Performance with the performance upgrade, black interior and Full Self-Driving--Southern California non-owner, cash buyer.

Based on those Reddit pics, I think I'm content to wait while they iron out some kinks--even though that might just be an outlier. In fact, now that it looks like the tax credit lasts until the end of the year, I would just assume take delivery in December if I had my choice. But I'd probably take it earlier if my number got called--wouldn't want to try to cut it too close.