Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue light st supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 model s. Over the last week, I have had major problems at superchargers. I keep getting a flashing and then solid blue light, over and over again. The screen in the car either says, “starting to charge” or “charging stopped”. I’ve tried multiple stalls over about a week in Oregon and Washington, both v.2 and the metro super chargers. Sometimes I can eventually get it to go green, other times it never works.

My car charges great at home. And, I have a chademo adapter which still works every time on Blink.

I called the number on the supercharger, and the nice Tesla rep had me perform a hard restart via the touchscreen (safety & security > Power off) and wait about a minute. My car then charged on the first attempt. However, after charging for about 30 mins, I unplugged the supercharger and waited about a minute ad tried again at the same stall. No luck. I couldn’t get it to charge for anything. Lots of blue and blue flashing, even after two more hard restarts, and eventually I gave up and left.

I find it strange that I can charge at home with 40 amps and at the high speed blink charger with chademo at about 45 kw, but I have all sorts of issues at superchargers.

Any ideas on what’s wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same exact thing on my 2015 Model S. It was a bad onboard charger. Yes, it seems counter-intuitive that a bad charger would charge at home but not supercharge, but that was it. Because the supercharger bypasses the onboard charger and puts DC straight into the battery, I initially thought it was a problem with the widget that bypasses the onboard charger (I think it's called the DC-to-DC converter) but, no, it was the charger itself. $2000 at my local SC. It's not included in the battery/drivetrain warranty.

Last edited: