Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model S for Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
85kWh battery, tan leather interior, obeche matte trim, air suspension, pano roof, 19" wheels, window tinting, about 8400 miles. I love this car, but have decided to get a red one with the tech package. CarMax has offered $80k. If you can do better than this, please let me know. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 3,068
Last edited:
You may want to consider having someone familiar with paving bicycle racers drive for you, while you ride in the car. I would at least ask the race organizers if there are any tricks or teniqies that you should be aware of.

GSP

That configuration new prices out to $79,570 after tax credit, so CarMax is essentially offering you more than you paid for the car which I find hard to believe if they want to resell it. I would take their offer in an instant.

That configuration new prices out to $79,570 after tax credit, so CarMax is essentially offering you more than you paid for the car which I find hard to believe if they want to resell it. I would take their offer in an instant.
My guess is that CarMax will use the car as a draw to their dealership - smart move. For those who want the car immediately, my car is perfect and there is no wait.

Wait, they bought it for nearly sticker?
Yeah . . . It was really MORE than sticker if you consider the $7500 tax incentive. The fact that no dealer in Arizona has one and the dealer exclusivity laws in Arizona keep Tesla from giving test drives may have worked in my favor. CarMax may be the only place in the state where you can test drive and then immediately buy a Model S! They voiced that they were taking a risk when they bought it.

Good for you!!!
I agree: the Multi-coat Red is stunning in real life, even better that the photos.

Things worked out well for both you and Carmax.
They have a car that won't last long on their lot, and you have the correct color that you desire.
I guess, you actually had the FIRST Test Drive for your car, now you get to add the Tech package and you also get ANOTHER $7,500 tax incentive.

Such a DEAL!

Yeah . . . It was really MORE than sticker if you consider the $7500 tax incentive. The fact that no dealer in Arizona has one and the dealer exclusivity laws in Arizona keep Tesla from giving test drives may have worked in my favor. CarMax may be the only place in the state where you can test drive and then immediately buy a Model S! They voiced that they were taking a risk when they bought it.

Usually don't use such language; F'ing awesome! Yeah, supply and demand, simplicity, beauty, performance, design with class leading features. First 'mass' market car in history to actually increase in value after being driven off the 'lot' (err...factory)

I don't understand, how is this beneficial for CarMax other than PR value?

--edit-- great sell though :D

VFX: You might be correct, but the rep at Ownership Experience was amused by the idea that I'd have two incentives in two different years. I'll let my tax accountant sort that out. Thanks for your concern.

There is no length of ownership requirement for the Federal Tax credit. Since we don't have an AZ EV credit, you are good to go. Congrats!

If they sell it at a premium.
The draw to their lot has to be their primary motovation. There are probably a few impulse buyers at the $80k+ price point, but most people would be willing to wait 4-5 weeks to get the car and capture the tax incentive.

You my be aware that CarMax bias a "no haggle" policy so I didn't do anything special to get the price . . . other than having it detailed prior to the appraisal.