Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Problems on 2020.8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloaded the new 2020.8.1 update about 4 or 5 days ago. Ever since then I have been having issues maintaining connection with my phone through bluetooth. Seems to keep connecting and disconnecting. No music or phone calls coming through now. Anyone else experiencing this? Ive had the car now for 3
months and had 0 issues like this before the update.

Just downloaded the new 2020.8.1 update about 4 or 5 days ago. Ever since then I have been having issues maintaining connection with my phone through bluetooth. Seems to keep connecting and disconnecting. No music or phone calls coming through now. Anyone else experiencing this? Ive had the car now for 3
months and had 0 issues like this before the update.

When this happens can you make and receive calls from the MCU?

I've noticed a weird Bluetooth issue where calls come in but messages, calendar, and contacts does not sync.

When this happens deleting and paring the phone again, reboots, nothing works. Suddenly it starts working again.

Would love for this bug to be fixed.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
Tesla REALLY needs to address these ongoing Bluetooth issues as it's a clear safety issue for most. They claim to put safety first but all of these Bluetooth bugs can and have created momentarily dangerous situations that could be prevented if they would simply test firmware for these bugs prior to pushing them out as updates to cars.

Unfortunately 2020.12 still has Bluetooth connectivity issues.

The phone did not connect when I got in the car and if you click in Connect it just spins a wheel and nothing happens.

I had to remove the phone from Bluetooth, reboot the MCU and the phone and repair to get it to work.

Not sure for how long this would work.

• Disagree

The phone did not connect when I got in the car and if you click in Connect it just spins a wheel and nothing happens.

I had to remove the phone from Bluetooth, reboot the MCU and the phone and repair to get it to work.

Me too. Bluetooth connecting/reconnecting (and ultimately disconnecting) on iPhone 8 / 2020.12 - frustrating!

I had to do the delete, reboot MCU+phone, and reconnect Bluetooth dance again :(

• Disagree
I just installed 2020.8.1.1 yesterday which supposedly included a Bluetooth fix. Sorry I haven't tried it yet... Sheltering at home. 8-(

IMG_1511.jpeg

I just installed 2020.8.1.1 yesterday which supposedly included a Bluetooth fix. Sorry I haven't tried it yet... Sheltering at home. 8-(

View attachment 523197
I have 2020.12.......I cannot see the “reply” button on the dash when an incoming text come in, but it does read aloud.....I stream Fox News from the phone to the car....it shuts off when I leave the car, but when I return and open door, it automatically starts playing....so I am not too sure about the last bluetooth update because I have not plotted my butt in the seat and it is already playing

I have a 2013 Model S that would disconnect/reconnect my iPhone X regularly. The Tesla Service Center looked at it a few times and siad everything was fine. About 2 weeks ago, my HW 1 eMCU failed and I had to replace it. Since the eMCU was replaced, there are no problems with connecting my iPhone X. I am wondering if some of the Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect problems are early signs of a failing eMCU...

I have a 2013 Model S that would disconnect/reconnect my iPhone X regularly. The Tesla Service Center looked at it a few times and siad everything was fine. About 2 weeks ago, my HW 1 eMCU failed and I had to replace it. Since the eMCU was replaced, there are no problems with connecting my iPhone X. I am wondering if some of the Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect problems are early signs of a failing eMCU...
I believe the Bluetooth disconnects are one of the listed known symptoms.