Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW may have given AWD owners some good news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 P 18” swapped wheels from performance 20’s- video 0-60 3.12 !
3.00 second futures... no shorts!

Looks like his instrumentation is being very generous. I put a couple of the "3.20s" runs into my video editor, and measuring from the very first frame of motion to the first frame where the speedo says 60-mph, got 3.71s for both (3 seconds and 17 frames at 23.976 frames per second).

Also, the 255/40/18 tires he is using will have a smaller diameter than the stock 235/35/20s. Which will result in a speedometer error, although the test equipment won't care about that.

Looks like his instrumentation is being very generous. I put a couple of the "3.20s" runs into my video editor, and measuring from the very first frame of motion to the first frame where the speedo says 60-mph, got 3.71s for both (3 seconds and 17 frames at 23.976 frames per second).

Also, the 255/40/18 tires he is using will have a smaller diameter than the stock 235/35/20s. Which will result in a speedometer error, although the test equipment won't care about that.
Excellent close enough & thank you. I believe when you change tires/wheels you can recalibrate the Speedo somehow or it recognizes and does it automatically , if I read it here somewhere accurately ?

Once you change the tires and rims. You will get a pop up that allows you to selct what size rim. Happened on my Model 3 when i went from 18s aero to 19 tsportline. Might have to do with new TPMS

• Helpful
Reactions: Sg911