Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW will crush Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All you needed to know,

"Lawrence Meyers has published over 2,500 articles on finance and policy at outlets including Breitbart.com... "
Thanks JF. Breibart is indeed all I needed to know. I’m not familiar with this guy. You and others will enlighten me. Thanks and have a great day.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
Alright, I read that steaming pile of garbage with my adblocker on so you don't have to. Here's what you need to know: It's trash, don't read it.

Oh you want more? OK.

"BMW is coming after Tesla in the way the Night King was marching on Westeros. The only difference: BMW will crush Tesla like the cockroach it is"
Header image text. I'm sure that this article will present an unbiased comparison of both companies.

"weak-minded investors with Tesla"
Yep, fairness confirmed.

"BMW Is a Dragon Compared to Tesla's Insect"
More of the same. Also I think he really likes GOT guys.

Quotes BMW Chairman about BMW's "electrified" vehicle sales. Fails to mention that this includes hybrids and PHEVs.

"Tesla will only hit 360,000 to 400,000 deliveries this year." <emphasis mine>
"BMW will have a half million on the road by year-end, and increase from there."
Conflates BWM's total lifetime sales of "electrified" vehicles (again not all fully electric) with Tesla's 2019 sales.

"[Tesla] can’t seem to manage to create more than a couple of working models at a time."
They have 3 working models for sale now, no?

"The BMW electric car plan puts Tesla and Elon Musk to absolute shame. A car with a 600 km range is incredible."
A car with 600km is indeed incredible. What's the newly updated range of the Model S you ask? 370 miles. What's that in km? 595. Huh.

"Not only that, BMW is pressing hard for its Level 3 driverless technology, meaning fully autonomous"
What?

"Tesla self-driving cars are still crashing."
It's true. However, it's also true that they're already on the road, and not some future promise.

"BMW will crush Tesla and leave nothing behind"
In the words of Elon Musk: Do it.

Finally:
"About Us
CCN is an unbiased financial news site"
Right.

Alright, I read that steaming pile of garbage with my adblocker on so you don't have to. Here's what you need to know: It's trash, don't read it.

Oh you want more? OK.

"BMW is coming after Tesla in the way the Night King was marching on Westeros. The only difference: BMW will crush Tesla like the cockroach it is"
Header image text. I'm sure that this article will present an unbiased comparison of both companies.

Yep, fairness confirmed.

Quotes BMW Chairman about BMW's "electrified" vehicle sales. Fails to mention that this includes hybrids and PHEVs.

"BMW will have a half million on the road by year-end, and increase from there."
Conflates BWM's total lifetime sales of "electrified" vehicles (again not all fully electric) with Tesla's 2019 sales.

"[Tesla] can’t seem to manage to create more than a couple of working models at a time."

"The BMW electric car plan puts Tesla and Elon Musk to absolute shame. A car with a 600 km range is incredible."
A car with 600km is indeed incredible. What's the newly updated range of the Model S you ask? 370 miles. What's that in km? 595. Huh.

"Not only that, BMW is pressing hard for its Level 3 driverless technology, meaning fully autonomous"
What?

It's true. However, it's also true that they're already on the road, and not some future promise.

Finally:
"About Us
Right.
Thanks like. I’ll ask the mods to delete the thread.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
“Weak minded Tesla investors”

That line made me laugh. I’m not even an investor, and that told me everything I needed to know about the article.

That said, I think there’s plenty of room in the automotive sector for lots of EVs. If BMW brings something good to the party, I’m all for it. More EVs, the better. As people become more comfortable with them, there will be more infrastructure and an avenue to cleaner fuel.

But I do enjoy the Brietbart analyst rooting for a German company at the expense of an American one.

Oh you want more? OK.

Yep, fairness confirmed.

What?

Finally:
"About Us
Right.
BMW makes great ICE vehicles and a few odd and short range EVs. They are expensive to own, maintain and repair. The dealers are arrogant. They are years behind Tesla on the EV and software front.Tesla makes EVs that are less (slightly) expensive to own, cheap to maintain and expensive to repair. In 3 to 5 years BMW will catch and pass Tesla...2019 Tesla, that is. Why do folks assume Tesla is standing still?

• Love
Reactions: Brando and hcdavis3
Software and electrical are German's car worst nightmare. They can't ever figure out the electrical correctly on their ICE cars. German cars always has issue with electrical. Why would I even trust them designing an adequate EV to compete. Stupid article. Likely paid by bmw.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I'm not mad at you for posting this article. It's ...instructive, let's say, to see what kind of FUD is going on out there. I don't even necessarily think you should take the thread down. It's good to get feedback to combat the misinformation spread in that article. So don't worry. You're good in my book. And my previous post was tongue in cheek.
Thanks very much like. Appreciate your thoughts.

Sorry. I’ve asked the mods to delete. I’m learning what clickbait is.

There's good clickbait (for writers) and bad clickbait (for readers). Good clickbait is giving readers just enough information about the article in the title where it will give them an idea what the article is about, and make them click to read more if interested. Bad clickbait is tricking users into clicking on the article with misleading or generally incorrect information.

When someone says that an article is clickbait, they are generally referring to the bad clickbait.

• Informative
Reactions: hcdavis3
There's good clickbait (for writers) and bad clickbait (for readers). Good clickbait is giving readers just enough information about the article in the title where it will give them an idea what the article is about, and make them click to read more if interested. Bad clickbait is tricking users into clicking on the article with misleading or generally incorrect information.

When someone says that an article is clickbait, they are generally referring to the bad clickbait.
Thanks Yusuf. I did say in the body of the post “What planet is this guy from”. I should have put that in the thread title.