Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW will crush Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Yusuf. I did say in the body of the post “What planet is this guy from”. I should have put that in the thread title.
Not a problem. But you did exactly what bad clickbait is on this thread. Gave a confusing title (maybe a bit infuriating considering the type of users on this forum) that made users click on it to see what the hell you're talking about. You learn everyday don't worry about it.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Anyone who has owned a BMW know these turds can barely make it through the warranty without needing thousands in repairs. Simply put I will never buy another BMW car because the a build quality is absolute garbage. BMW's fixation on using cheap plastic for critical subsystems is stupid. Pop the hood on any new BMW and its a sea of cheap plastic everywhere, not exactly confidence inspiring that they are using quality materials.

If you have owned a BMW then you are no stranger to cooling system problems, vacuum leaks, cheap sensors, and crappy suspension parts. By 70k miles our BMW needed a whole new front suspension, complete new cooling system (rad, hoses, tank), several sensors (CAM and MAF), and many other things. "Ultimate Driving Machine"?! I think not, more like the Ultimate Breakdown Machine.

https://jalopnik.com/bmw-engines-are-gigantic-pieces-of-*sugar*-1784684330

Last edited:
Not a problem. But you did exactly what bad clickbait is on this thread. Gave a confusing title (maybe a bit infuriating considering the type of users on this forum) that made users click on it to see what the hell you're talking about. You learn everyday don't worry about it.
Thanks Yusuf. You’re exactly right. I created a thread on the model 3 forum titled “ I got heated steering wheel with 12.1.2” I added a pic of my steering wheel with a hair dryer draped over it.Some people thought it was funny but a lot didn’t, and I’m sure considered it to be click bait. The mods changed the thread title to start with Humor before the “I got a heated....”. Like I said I’m learning. One thing that bothers me a great deal is how some newcomers are treated with no patience by others. Effectively in some cases calling them out for not knowing all about Tesla implying that they are stupid.

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Thanks Yusuf. You’re exactly right. I created a thread on the model 3 forum titled “ I got heated steering wheel with 12.1.2” I added a pic of my steering wheel with a hair dryer draped over it.Some people thought it was funny but a lot didn’t, and I’m sure considered it to be click bait. The mods changed the thread title to start with Humor before the “I got a heated....”. Like I said I’m learning. One thing that bothers me a great deal is how some newcomers are treated with no patience by others. Effectively in some cases calling them out for not knowing all about Tesla implying that they are stupid.

No matter what forum or what subject, there are always people who put other people down to make themselves feel superior.

Anyone who has owned a BMW know these turds can barely make it through the warranty without needing thousands in repairs. Simply put I will never buy another BMW car because the a build quality is absolute garbage. BMW's fixation on using cheap plastic for critical subsystems is stupid. Pop the hood on any new BMW and its a sea of cheap plastic everywhere, not exactly confidence inspiring that they are using quality materials.

If you have owned a BMW then you are no stranger to cooling system problems, vacuum leaks, cheap sensors, and crappy suspension parts. By 70k miles our BMW needed a whole new front suspension, complete new cooling system (rad, hoses, tank), several sensors (CAM and MAF), and many other things. "Ultimate Driving Machine"?! I think not, more like the Ultimate Breakdown Machine.

https://jalopnik.com/bmw-engines-are-gigantic-pieces-of-*sugar*-1784684330

But, I open the hood of my Tesla and I only see plastic too! ;)

I tend to be rather curt in my responses, rest assured it isn't personal nor is it intended to be an attack.

Tesla fans tend to be defensive. The media, short-sellers, fans of other manufacturers, and many others like to make and promote headlines painting Tesla in a negative light. The TMC forums are a one-stop shop for potential buyers to get information straight from owners, so it's a natural place for detractors to post negative articles.

The problem now, is that it's difficult to distinguish manufactured posts from posts by owners experiencing real issues, so some of us overreact a bit and assume any negative post is part of a scheme by short-sellers.

Again, it's not personal, but the environment here can be brusque, arguably by necessity.