Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body shop recommendation near Cherry Hill Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(New Jersey - sorry, can't edit title)

My brand new M3P got rear ended. It's minor, but, with the help of the dashcam, the driver's insurance has claimed liability.

Now I have to get it fixed. Aside from some very minor abrasions, there is a 2 inch long "bubble" where I'm guessing the bumper was pressed in with enough force that something hard under there caused the plastic bumper to bend outwards. You can't find it unless I point it out. A few people who were told I was rear ended said "where?" after staring at the back of the car. My uneducated guess thinks this can't be fixed, and I'm going to need a full rear bumper replacement.

The nearest Tesla body shop is up in North Jersey, a good 1.5 hours away, I think.

There is a tesla approved place in Turnersville (probably 30 minutes away).

Can I have some advice on what I should do?

1) Take it to Telsa
2) Take it to Turnersville
3) Find a good local shop, since it's just a bumper, and anyone can do it (assuming they can get parts?) [suggest a place?]
4) Don't get it fixed, since it is minor, and will never be the same. (I've had previous cars where replaced bumpers had paint that eventually cracked because it wasn't flexible enough)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Our S got rear ended awhile back and we took it to The Body Shop by Di Eva on 70. I don't recall if they replaced the bumper or not, but they did a fantastic job. Its been a few years now and you can't tell that it was repainted. I've also had them do work a number of times before on other cars and have always been very pleased with their work.

You could take the ride to Long Island City, which is the Tesla owned body shop. They did an excellent job replacing my bumper and I waited while they did it as well. They also said good things about county line auto body in Jackson NJ.

Last edited:
Both my wife's 3 and (currently!) my S have been fixed by Moppert Brothers in Morton, PA. It should be about 45 minutes from you, obviously on the good side of the bridge though.

I've been perfectly satisfied with the work they've done, but not the timing. However it sounds like your car is driveable? If so just make sure the shop has all parts before surrendering your car.

Both my wife's 3 and (currently!) my S have been fixed by Moppert Brothers in Morton, PA. It should be about 45 minutes from you, obviously on the good side of the bridge though.

I've been perfectly satisfied with the work they've done, but not the timing. However it sounds like your car is driveable? If so just make sure the shop has all parts before surrendering your car.
Kgoroway, where did you take it and how did you make out?

How did you make out?
It seems you missed the last post on this thread where I pointed to another thread where this continued. That being said, I never did update that thread either!

So, in short, Tesla did it as a remote service. Literally showed up at my office and swapped out the old bumper with a new factory painted bumper. Match was perfect, install was perfect.

Since then, I sold the car and replaced it with a plaid, so I can't comment further about longevity or anything along those lines, but right up until the day I sold it, it looked as good as new.

Reactions: 101dals