Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bolt EV landing at CA and OR dealer lots next week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your penchant for exaggeration has not gone unnoticed. Obviously the Bolt is not vaporware. But calling what will likely be a small number of cars this year "mass volume" is amusing.
Well, each Bolt EV weighs over 3500 pounds and takes up about 350 cubic feet of volume so you really can't deny that the Bolt will arrive at dealers in mass volume. It's going to arrive at about 10 pounds per cubic foot.

I look forward to the first blog post that details long distance travel experiences in the Bolt.

Cannonball Run race, using the latest Tesla Model S or X, versus the Chevy Bolt. Los Angeles to New York. If the Tesla gets to New York and all the way back to L.A. before the Bolt gets to New York then Mary Barra needs to buy Pizza for everyone at the Fremont Tesla factory. Otherwise Elon has to pony up a $10,000 donation toward the vehicle crusher that G.M. will be using to crunch up all the Bolt's when the leases are up in 3 years...

RT

Cannonball Run race, using the latest Tesla Model S or X, versus the Chevy Bolt. Los Angeles to New York. If the Tesla gets to New York and all the way back to L.A. before the Bolt gets to New York then Mary Barra needs to buy Pizza for everyone at the Fremont Tesla factory. Otherwise Elon has to pony up a $10,000 donation toward the vehicle crusher that G.M. will be using to crunch up all the Bolt's when the leases are up in 3 years...

RT
I bet the Bolt makes it back to LA before we see the 1st production Model 3

I would seriously love to see someone drive the Bolt across the country. A lot nights in RV parks charging at 7 kW no doubt. Should be fun.

People drove the Model S across country as soon as the Supercharger network was available to support it. There is every reason to believe that someone will be doing the same thing with the Bolt, even if there is no easy DC fast charge capability on the route. The trip will no doubt be planned to make the journey as fast as possible given the available infrastructure, but we all know what the end result of the exercise will be.

A Tesla can go from coast to coast much faster than a Bolt. Details concerning the exact difference in time will be available, and trumpeted from every web site between here and the edge of the Solar System. Stay tuned ;)

RT

I thought the Bolt had a CCS fast charger port? There's a few of those chargers around and growing. Plus, with a Chedemo to CCS adaptor, once available, a cross country trip in the Bolt won't be too bad. Of course, not as good as Tesla's superchargers, but I'm rooting on the Bolt. The more EV's the better!

Otherwise Elon has to pony up a $10,000 donation toward the vehicle crusher that G.M. will be using to crunch up all the Bolt's when the leases are up in 3 years...

Don't crush them. In three years Trump might cause your dollar to fall down to par with our dollar, and we will be importing them like we did with Leafs when our dollar was on par not too long ago. They were so much cheaper than buying one up here.

I thought the Bolt had a CCS fast charger port? There's a few of those chargers around and growing.

Optional, but yes. Some people are being unnecessarily tribal.

Remember the mission: Accelerate the advent of sustainable transportation. Not "Put the other automakers out of business."

Of course, GM also needs to get serious - the Bolt still isn't giving indications of being a "volume" model.

Optional, but yes. Some people are being unnecessarily tribal.

Remember the mission: Accelerate the advent of sustainable transportation. Not "Put the other automakers out of business."

Of course, GM also needs to get serious - the Bolt still isn't giving indications of being a "volume" model.

Lets remember that GM's prior troubles are what led to Tesla being able to buy the Fremont plant for pennies on the dollar. One more GM bankruptcy and there will be a lot more factories on sale that can be repurposed for production by an automaker who who is looking forward, not backward.

Traer la Revolucion!!!

RT