TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Bolt EV landing at CA and OR dealer lots next week

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by bro1999, Nov 21, 2016.

1. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

On schedule. I hope Model 3 can hold it's schedule as well. We will know in 12 months.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

• Like x 4
  4. Jeff N

Jeff N Active Member

Well, each Bolt EV weighs over 3500 pounds and takes up about 350 cubic feet of volume so you really can't deny that the Bolt will arrive at dealers in mass volume. It's going to arrive at about 10 pounds per cubic foot.

• Funny x 13
  5. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

I look forward to the first blog post that details long distance travel experiences in the Bolt.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

It seems to me, on a Tesla forum, that these daily Bolt threads could be packaged into a single thread.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. miimura

miimura Active Member

Your point is logical. However, some people have a reason to keep starting new Bolt threads here.

8. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

If we can do a thread for each "vaporware" EV, then I'm good with Bolt have a few more.

9. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

Cannonball Run race, using the latest Tesla Model S or X, versus the Chevy Bolt. Los Angeles to New York. If the Tesla gets to New York and all the way back to L.A. before the Bolt gets to New York then Mary Barra needs to buy Pizza for everyone at the Fremont Tesla factory. Otherwise Elon has to pony up a $10,000 donation toward the vehicle crusher that G.M. will be using to crunch up all the Bolt's when the leases are up in 3 years...

RT

• Funny x 5
    • Informative x 1
  10. jchag

jchag Member

I bet the Bolt makes it back to LA before we see the 1st production Model 3

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

I would seriously love to see someone drive the Bolt across the country. A lot nights in RV parks charging at 7 kW no doubt. Should be fun.

12. RubberToe

People drove the Model S across country as soon as the Supercharger network was available to support it. There is every reason to believe that someone will be doing the same thing with the Bolt, even if there is no easy DC fast charge capability on the route. The trip will no doubt be planned to make the journey as fast as possible given the available infrastructure, but we all know what the end result of the exercise will be.

A Tesla can go from coast to coast much faster than a Bolt. Details concerning the exact difference in time will be available, and trumpeted from every web site between here and the edge of the Solar System. Stay tuned ;)

RT

13. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

I thought the Bolt had a CCS fast charger port? There's a few of those chargers around and growing. Plus, with a Chedemo to CCS adaptor, once available, a cross country trip in the Bolt won't be too bad. Of course, not as good as Tesla's superchargers, but I'm rooting on the Bolt. The more EV's the better!

Don't crush them. In three years Trump might cause your dollar to fall down to par with our dollar, and we will be importing them like we did with Leafs when our dollar was on par not too long ago. They were so much cheaper than buying one up here.

14. Bangor Bob

Bangor Bob Member

Optional, but yes. Some people are being unnecessarily tribal.

Remember the mission: Accelerate the advent of sustainable transportation. Not "Put the other automakers out of business."

Of course, GM also needs to get serious - the Bolt still isn't giving indications of being a "volume" model.

15. RubberToe

Lets remember that GM's prior troubles are what led to Tesla being able to buy the Fremont plant for pennies on the dollar. One more GM bankruptcy and there will be a lot more factories on sale that can be repurposed for production by an automaker who who is looking forward, not backward.

Traer la Revolucion!!!

RT

16. ShotgunF15E

ShotgunF15E Member

Sat in one yesterday at an auto show. Not impressed. Reminds me of a Leaf with longer range. If you buy one, please stay in the far right lane.... ;)