Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boot trim alignment and sticker mark issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery-time boot alignment:
Misalign.jpg
and night-time lit:
Light misalign.jpg

After loaner and two trips to SC body-shop to correct tailgate alignment:
After Bodyshop.jpg

All eventually sorted after third SC body-shop visit (boot light cluster moved), but left pitting impact damage on the bottom edge of the boot:
2.jpg 3.jpg

A fourth SC body-shop visit did not correct properly (some pitting remained, clear-coated primer patch), so took it to my nearest approved one, paid for it myself, then eventually got reimbursed the day before 2 months on during lockdown 1.

Reactions: tess19
I just got off the phone with the SC to mention my misaligned boot and they said they've been told not to make any more adjustments. It's a known issue and they await a long term fix. I can't imagine what that would be if the mounts are misaligned and there's no more play available. So in the meantime we have to put up with the boot lid hitting the bodywork and damaging the paint. I wonder if the eventual fix will include a respray?

I had an issue with my boot catching the bumper slightly, causing a rub on the pair work. SC Milton Keynes adjusted slightly and repaired the paint work.
Door card also has the sticky residue , when attempting to remove it damaged the rubber. So they will change the whole door panel! Unfortunately they said no stock so it will have to be shipped over

I had an issue with my boot catching the bumper slightly, causing a rub on the pair work. SC Milton Keynes adjusted slightly and repaired the paint work.
Door card also has the sticky residue , when attempting to remove it damaged the rubber. So they will change the whole door panel! Unfortunately they said no stock so it will have to be shipped over
Mine was in Mk a day ago and they failed to get the residue off of my door cards and also told me the same thing. I wonder if they will be like for like door cards or maybe the new ones

Has anybody successfully been able to clean the mark left by the sticker on the door card? I suspect as mentioned by crouchy, the stcker has actually pulled off part of the vinyl.

View attachment 621715

That's exactly how mine was (drivers side). You can get it off, but it required multiple goes at it. I used a anti-static foaming cleaner and a microfibre towel. I think the abrasiveness of the towel helped.